Let's Talk Oil Filters!

OK, I finally got my oil filter changed & the Mobil 1 installed. I tried to make a couple different funnels to avoid a mess, but I could not get them to work properly, so I rode to my favorite dealer & bought 1 of those orange funnels for the oil filter. There is 1 just for the M8's, so be careful if your shopping for them. It worked great by the way, you just have to install it just like the instructions say or it won't go on properly .

I took a close look at the HD oil filter & decided to use them after my Mobil 1 trial. The quality looks very good. I went with the black to save a few bucks. They are $10 with my Vet. discount.

I don't know who makes the MoCo's oil filter but it's a good one.As long as it meets the 5 micron spec and is anti drain back an after market filter will work.Didnt know they changed drain funnels.Figures, I've got the one for the Twin Cam but it also works on the Sportster also.Guess I'll pick one up for the M8.People get thire panties in a twist over 5 quarts of oil and 1 filter.To keep it in perspective semi trucks use 8 gallons of oil and 3 filters.Thats at 15 k intervals.With synthetic its upped to 20k+.

I don't know who makes the MoCo's oil filter but it's a good one.As long as it meets the 5 micron spec and is anti drain back an after market filter will work.Didnt know they changed drain funnels.Figures, I've got the one for the Twin Cam but it also works on the Sportster also.Guess I'll pick one up for the M8.People get thire panties in a twist over 5 quarts of oil and 1 filter.To keep it in perspective semi trucks use 8 gallons of oil and 3 filters.Thats at 15 k intervals.With synthetic its upped to 20k+.

Currently, Champion Labs makes them.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png