Cheap kits or old part in rebuilt carburator

Well...........actually I wish I had been part of building this one, or the one I would own, but that did not happen.

So it is 42 years old, what, wow it is that old since it was first licensed for the street here in NV.

I never had an area for such work, have some room now, but still not all that is needed, so if I want to have something it has to be something I can work with, so far this I can, just wish I had more of my garage so the body could sit inside when I take it off..

I did the stupid thing, got a low priced pressure gauge and the tolerance on it is to much for the low fuel pressure I want to monitor. I say it is 1 or more psi off, but than the spring loaded diaphragm regulator may be off.

I did a few test, went with the setting of 2.5 on the regulator which shows 1lb psi on the gauge, and the engine idles smoother. If I drop the regulator down to 2lb setting the engine idles a bit rougher after a bit of time, and the pressure gauge drops almost that 1lb psi reading it has at 2.5 regulator setting.

Off with the air filter so I could look down the throat of the carb, no wetness or sign of excessive fuel, so I it makes me think that the spring in the regulator a bit worn.

Next real test is down the road under load to see if the fuel system is supplying what the carb's demand.

Sometimes I can be stubborn to much for my own good, but I do like the trike and I do think I can fix what is wrong, maybe not by my hands all the way, but it can be done I am sure.

I just wish I new more about bugs and the IRS rear end history. I do wonder if these trailing arms have been abused and are bent and why the camber is so negative, but I have been adjusting the torsion and spring plates slowly, plus need to do both sides, than move it and bunch it around, look over things, and lets not forget raise the forks to the positon I want the front end in.

It for sure is giving me something to do, LOL

By the time you are done....you will be the builder.

The whole back end is just cut off a beetle. Even the person who first built the trike did not design that.

So by the time you cut the neck off and replace it and the forks with something set up at the correct trail you will be a builder.

Yes, a lot of time has been spent researching what the trike is about, yes you are not stock anymore, but your knowledge has helped me greatly, many thanks for that, even the older replies you made in other threads has been helpful.

I know I am not there yet, but I understand it more now, and if I did help build it, well I would know more about it and right now would not be such a pain.

Rear end is not perfect, at least that is what I think right now, all will be easier to see and align with the body off, but for now I need to get the front end figured out, make sure all is straight, and get it done.

I do like the wide tires, but they come with a cost I think. I do think you can ever get a Zero camber with them on the IRS system, again could be wrong, or should I say with the way it is set up on this trike. If they are kept on the trike, I will and should change the stub axle and hub to get a tighter fit. Or we just see were it takes me as we deal with each issue.

Spent an hour with a brake line fitting this AM, one of those that had just one correct angle to get all to thread together, but I did get it done, why, had to remove some hydraulic emergency brake device that did not work, the repair kit is more than I want to spend on it, and what motorcycle has a emergency brake ? Yes this is a trike, but still not a real issue for me, plus if I want to lift the body off I need remove a few things that previously was attached to the body.

Sun is up, time to get things going, I hope everyone has a great day and a better week.:)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png