$150.00 bucks for a piece of screen?

Old Road Dog

650+ Posts
Mar 9, 2018
Winston Salem ,NC
No thanks H.D. So I wanted to cover my oilcooler because my luck sucks and it'll be just a matter of time before something hits it.So I had some old fireplace screen laying around and I cut and bent it to fit inside the plastic cooler cover and used 2 part epoxy to hold it.Works and the price was right.I don't think a direct hit with a 2 inch rock will even put much of a dent in it.

No thanks H.D. So I wanted to cover my oilcooler because my luck sucks and it'll be just a matter of time before something hits it.So I had some old fireplace screen laying around and I cut and bent it to fit inside the plastic cooler cover and used 2 part epoxy to hold it.Works and the price was right.I don't think a direct hit with a 2 inch rock will even put much of a dent in it.

You just voided your warranty by useing an Un- authorized screen 🙄📞😁

I did the same with some outdoor grill materia

I cut it and notched it so no glue is needed

Hey Jack just curious nothing more than that but !. Have you ever taken The oil temperature before you put on the screen and then Taken it after you put the screen on! Me Being an old woodsman I found if you put a screen in front of a fireplace it will trap the heat in the fireplace just wondering if a screen will trap the heat in the oil cooler And in turn cause the engine to run hotter 😱 Just something to think about 😱📞

Hey Jack just curious nothing more than that but !. Have you ever taken The oil temperature before you put on the screen and then Taken it after you put the screen on! Me Being an old woodsman I found if you put a screen in front of a fireplace it will trap the heat in the fireplace just wondering if a screen will trap the heat in the oil cooler And in turn cause the engine to run hotter 😱 Just something to think about 😱📞

Yup, it did not change any

I was surprised it still flows that much air, tho it does have a fan on it also

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png