Rebel RT

Jack Shaft

HPIM3505.JPGHPIM3506.jpgHPIM3507.JPGMore set up and measurements, Coil spring would be in the way for a pillow block bearing on the ends, Do not like keyways $$$

Jack Shaft

HPIM3508.JPGHPIM3509.JPGHPIM3510.JPG Thinking of going with the pillow block bearings, one on the inside next to the Honda sprocket and the other outside the Harley sprocket, weld the Honda sprocket to the shaft, slide the pillow block on and then slide the Harley sprocket with key way then the pillow block with 3/8 bolt and lock tight. "How does that sound" ???

It does sound good to me, but I never built something like this, nor much welding, so what I think on this issue is not worth much. I can say I like how it all sounds, and yes I probably would do the same thing myself, and even ask if it sounded workable. I hope others chime in with their knowledge about it.

Jack Shaft

HPIM3511.jpgHPIM3512.jpgMore measuring and looking at the machining, will go with a 7/8 shaft, pillow block on the outside will be ugly, can't hide it...:gah:

Jack Shaft

HPIM3547.jpgHPIM3548.JPGWaiting on the machining, They said boring 2 sprockets $50. and 4- 1 1/2 solid steel @ 2.5" L. each, drill and tap 3/8-16 centered upright one end each $40. for material and machining, and they will throw in the 2 - 7/8 ID bushings, length TBD. I feel the overall bill is cheap, What do you guys think???

Some will say no it is not cheap, others will say it is a deal. I say this as cost is a little different in each state, at least what I have discovered.

In general, I say it is a good price as it is compariable to my area, but if you drop down to Vegas it would be almost double the price. Machinist work is getting more expensive in todays world, heck it was always a bit pricey actually.

I like the red paint, hope all works out as you need/want it to...

Jack Shaft

HPIM3554.jpgHPIM3555.JPG Sprockets are bored and mock up for the bushings measured now the keyway in the Harley sprocket, but first a bunch of tack welding...EDIT: Machinist said Honda sprocket was too hard so he turned the shaft down to fit and then Tig welded it.

Chain Guard

HPIM3564.jpg Mock up on the chain guard from the Rebel, little modification allowing for swing arm movement, and it should work...:clapping:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png