Rebel RT

View attachment 65512OK, OK, Ok... One more mock up, then the upper frame rails and upper control arm brackets, then mock again with steering, And will be on the ground at this point. Dec 30 is motorcycle swap meet, I'll be looking for twin shock and jack shaft sprockets, 3.5" and Harley 530 chain and Honda 520 chain AND...

To all of you my friends Thank You and Happy New Year... With all our trikes running in 2019

i would think most sprockets you will find at the swap will be splined... i would opt for sprockets with a bore an a keyway then you dont have to find the splined shaft for them not expensive new.. graingers or similar place ....

RebelRouser

HPIM4153.jpgHPIM4157.JPG
And the winning design is and the support will line up with the upper frame rails...:Santa:

RebelRouser

HPIM4166.JPGHPIM4165.JPGHPIM4160.jpg Upper rails will be next with upper control arm brackets and vertical 18 degree bracing...

With seat? Maybe to low?

All motorcycles are invisible! Fact of life.

If you are sitting too low and riding to the right of a cage (especially soccer mom minivan/SUV), most of you will be below the window line and therefore even MORE INVISIBLE!! :xzqxz:

Just something to consider.

RebelRouser

HPIM4166.JPG
This is the way to go for my build, coil over and pull rod is just off center to the right and the swing arm brace left side will play host to the jack shaft mount, again guys this is still in mock up with all tack welding. Now notice the upper shock mount it was going to thick steel and brass bushing, Butt I decided a extra heim joint should do the job??? What do you guys think???

I think a heim would work! top rocker arm bracket will need to be strong, it will carry almost all of shock load if I am not mistaken.

RebelRouser

HPIM4172.JPGHPIM4173.jpgTomorrow will be a little paint and tack welding the frame and brackets I hope...:clapping:I still hope to have it rolling before next Tuesday:D...

RebelRouser

HPIM4181.JPGHPIM4182.jpg
Getting closer to add the final measurements and weld for the swing arm set up to the frame...

RebelRouser

Damn, One step forward and two steps back, swing arm bracket wants to hit the shock bracket, so I'm going to center the shock to the swing arm bracket and higher mount and try dual pull rods??? And keeping an eye on the location of jack-shaft area...HPIM4171.jpgHPIM4172.JPG

RebelRouser

HPIM4184.JPG
A little higher at the top of the shock and one push rod on the outside so I will add another...

RebelRouser

HPIM4193.jpg
More higher and now to far out, this part of the build is giving me the FITS (pooop) I am working with the machinist this week for this bracket ( and order 2 more heim joints) and the upper frame rails with the 30 degree kick out to clear the engine...

HPIM3150.JPG
While the machinist is making new brackets for the shock top, it will give 15-20 degree angle then I will rework the bottom mounts. Mean while I need 2.5 inch clearance for the angle for the upper rails so the front rails will be 8.5" wide and flare out for the engine clearance to 16.5" wide and tie in the swing arm brace, I hope, just about ready for the upper control arm brackets to be welded on, install the arms, brakes, steering, AND start fighting the front coil overs... :Shrug:

I am assuming the rear wheel sprocket and jackshaft assembly will be on the wall side of the Rebel......don't remember seeing a mockup of the jackshaft?

I am assuming the rear wheel sprocket and jackshaft assembly will be on the wall side of the Rebel......don't remember seeing a mockup of the jackshaft?
Good eye Larry, You are right, But I am hoping to sell this as a rolling chassie, they pick the engine and install with jacks shaft I am looking forward to my next build, Shenanigans, the sit in to drive, I like the building of them, safe and strong, .125 wall square tubing...Did you get any snow chains and a ski? EDIT: Cut a snow board in half and add it to your front wheel, Snowboarding.jpgThen add a couple of these, Sand Tire.jpgNow you can ride year round??? :clapping: heeheehee… Have fun my friend and ride safe.

RebelRouser

HPIM3157.JPGMachined upper shock brackets that will give me a 15-20 degree down sloop, then mock up, then double check lower shock brackets, all tack weld, then move back to upper frame and control arms.. YEA!:clapping: getting closer to a rolling chassis...:D

RebelRouser

HPIM3172.jpg
Yea! That's me ready for the tack welding of the cross member that joins the swing arm , the lower frame and the upper shock brackets, and later the jack shaft...

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png