Rear brakes Lehman Suzuki C90

Sep 27, 2010
Cape Coral, Fl. USA
I keep getting air in the rear brakes on my 2007 Jackal. I bleed the brakes and all is good but if the trike sits for a week then I have very little rear brakes. I looked at everything and don't see any leaks. How can air get in the lines with out any leaks?? Any one have any thoughts. Thanks and Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas to all . Please Ride Safe.

I keep getting air in the rear brakes on my 2007 Jackal. I bleed the brakes and all is good but if the trike sits for a week then I have very little rear brakes. I looked at everything and don't see any leaks. How can air get in the lines with out any leaks?? Any one have any thoughts. Thanks and Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas to all . Please Ride Safe.

Think about a Residual check valve. 2 psi for disk brakes. 8 psi for drum. Needed if the calipers or the cyclinders end up above the rear master cyclinder. I put one on my HD Road Glide and works well.

I agree with tmigala, but I don't have a residual valve in mine and they work just fine. My rear brake line tee is connected well above the calipers and the master cylinder on the frame and my lines run "down" to everything from the tee.

If I let mine sit for weeks/months at a time, I will find the pedal a bit soft and pump the brakes a time-or-two and they come right back and stay there throughout the riding season. Who knows why some-do-and-some-don't, but the correct recommendation is to install the residual valve in the main circuit between the master cylinder and the rear brake line like tmi mentioned above. The valve holds slight pressure in the line and keeps the fluid from draining back down into the master cylinder and can be had off e-bay for a few bucks.....just have to fool with the plumbing to install it. It is directional and needs to be installed as close as possible to the master cylinder.

Thanks guys, I bled the breaks yesterday and found a lot of air inthe line furtherest away from the master cyclinder. Have a good pedal now. I'll see how long this lasts and if it happens again I'll look into getting a valve.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redskin9

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redskin9
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png