Long term

Rhino pretty much covered the basics. When you take it back out, you should probably change the fluids, check the tire pressure and all that other ordinary stuff. If possible, try to start it up periodically while stored. If you can't, no real big deal but letting it warm up occasionally will do wonders for gaskets, seals, etc. I would keep that battery on a tender whether you remove it or not. It's also helpful if you can get it up off the ground with a lift. If it's in a place that has no climate control, it helps to have some cardboard under the bike to absorb moisture. Wouldn't hurt to give it a good wax job prior to storing either. That's about all I can think of off the top of my noggin.

In addition to the ideas posted above, spraying "Fogging" oil into the cylinders thru the spark plug holes is another good idea if bike is not stored in a climate controlled environment, (or even if it is).

FOG.jpg

https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/other-products/cleaners-and-protectants/engine-fogging-oil/

Shove some steel wool up the mufflers to keep critters out;)

Depending on where you're storing it, I'd add plain ol fashion dryer sheets and cotton balls under the bike to this. If you're in an area where it may attract rodents it'll prevent them from crawling into the bike & making a nest. If they get in there they'll chew up insulation & wires which will cause absolute havok in getting it fixed.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiscopicker

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiscopicker
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png