Killing My Credit Score

frostbite51

750+ Posts
Jul 27, 2015
Dickinson
I'm just a dumb old fart that pays his bills every month and don't got in to anything over my head. I have a credit card with points that I use a lot for the points and pay off each month. Paid it today on the website and see they now have my credit score. So I take a look and find out I'm not in the top tier. These are the reasons why:

No balance on any credit cards - No interest money for them, no extra score for me.

No mortgage balance - Gee, I paid it off years ago. What was I thinking?

My oldest account is too young - Well, there's only one, and you sent the letter telling me how good it was.

Not enough loans - Gasp! how unAmerican, not head over heels in debt. Absolutely shocking.

Wouldn't bother me that much, but this is why my insurance company tells me I don't get the best rates. A total crock of bull**** if you ask me.

I'm just a dumb old fart that pays his bills every month and don't got in to anything over my head. I have a credit card with points that I use a lot for the points and pay off each month. Paid it today on the website and see they now have my credit score. So I take a look and find out I'm not in the top tier. These are the reasons why:

No balance on any credit cards - No interest money for them, no extra score for me.

My oldest account is too young - Well, there's only one, and you sent the letter telling me how good it was.

Not enough loans - Gasp! how unAmerican, not head over heels in debt. Absolutely shocking.

Wouldn't bother me that much, but this is why my insurance company tells me I don't get the best rates. A total crock of ****e if you ask me.

Just post your Card # and i'll charge some stuff on it , And in no time your credit rating will be top tier.....ThumbUp

Wouldn't bother me that much, but this is why my insurance company tells me I don't get the best rates. A total crock of bull**** if you ask me.

Whine, whine, whine...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

It is truly amazing how these credit reporting companies have so much control on our lives.

There's no common sense anymore. There should be some accounting for the guy like you that isn't up to his eyeballs in debt. What is truly amazing, is there is a balance to the credit card debt. Seems they want you to be between 35-55% of your available credit to be on your cards. So if you have a card with a $10,000 limit, they want you to maintain a $3,500-$5.500 balance to give you a good credit rating. So yes, you need to pay interest to get to the top tier numbers. I base this on playing with the Credit Karma app, it allows you to "simulate" your credit score based on how much you pay off of your debt. It's an eye opener.

I have to agree with you fully!

I am 68 years old, have and paid off my charge cards every month in full, as well as my home mortgage, payments and can never get over a 775 credit rating :rftm: I too is very disappointed...WHY???

Ronnie

Just think that no one will be knocking on your door . Credit scores are overrated. If ya owe money, need money to pay owed money you can’t aford neither ! Got 1 payment ya can’t do, then ya sure ant doin 2 . ☎️

Want a high score? Just pay the minimum required, $25.00 on your c/card , you will even get a bonus of geting another card or two! Gota love America ☎️

Want a high score? Just pay the minimum required, $25.00 on your c/card , you will even get a bonus of geting another card or two! Gota love America ☎️

True'rrrr words were never mentioned :rftm::rftm::rftm: , pay off your dept every month in full, pay no interest rates and no one knows your name,

Pay ton's of interest fee's and everybody loves you!!! lol :blowup::blowup:

Ronnie

It's bad enough they pull that crap on your credit, but then they let others use it against you on jobs, rentals, insurance, and God knows what else. If they can't get your money one way they go after it in others...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png