Prayers for Texas Kids - Shooting.

Haven't fully researched this yet, but am seeing the FBI credits armed citizens in preventing, or limiting, things of this nature. My view is the more responsible people carrying firearms could help in these situations. Gun free zones should be outlawed, period. Firearms training should be re-introduced in schools. My question is why do these kids think shooting innocent people is the answer to whatever problem they're having?

Oh man.... can’t even go to the grocery store and come home to find more of this mess has happened! This thread was the first I knew of it. I don’t watch daytime TV.

Prayers out for all involved.

I agree totally with the statements made here in posts #1,2,3.

I can’t figure out how SOMEONE did not notice this twerp wearing a long trench coat into school in this Texas heat! We are already pushing 100* down here. SURELY that stands out as being ODD and something not right. WHEN are ALL the school officials going to wise up, spend the money for security equipment, and ARM THE DAM TEACHERS?!

Update... the kids interviewed said the twerp wore this trench coat every day. What’s wrong with these school districts? Several times these shooters have worn a trench coat to conceal their intent. Seems that would be an item of clothing to outlaw on campus - ESPECIALLY in warmer weather. It’s bad enough to carry backpacks that can conceal weapons. We used to carry our books in our arms and visit our school lockers often to switch books between classes. There were no school backpacks then. So frustrating.

Unfortunately soft targets, including just about any US public school, continue to be "easy" for a deranged individual to carry out high body count incidents at/in.:mad:

During the TV presser after the incident, the Texas Lt. Governor made mention of cutting down entrance/exit points at schools. Police could then potentially manage these entrance ways, but it would likely require a few officers to be stationed at each school in the state. Taxpayers end up taking it in the shorts under that scenario, but what cost can be put on safety?

Not an easy or cheap "fix" for the problem.

Holding those responsible for allowing their firearms to fall into a sick minded individual's possession then use, needs to happen in a swift and decisive manner...:mad:

Prayers for all involved.

I think we need to get serious about arming school personnel, teachers, principals, i.e., office staff, etc everywhere... and let it be known they are carrying.

Couldn't agree more. Sellers, purchasers and owners should be held accountable:clapping:

Glad but also surprised to hear we agree on anything when it comes to the subject of guns, Michael.:clapping: IF the father of this latest felon is found to have any knowledge or part in his actions with his firearms, he needs to pay a heavy price for allowing it to happen. And swiftly broadcast the criminal penalty(ies) he faces on national TV after the court proceedings against him are done.

All this does when a case such as this arises, is give the rest of the decent and law abiding firearm owners in the country a bad name, me included.:mad:

I also believe this "explosion" of school shootings is brought on in part by the constant 24/7 news media coverage each and every time a gun appears on school grounds anywhere in the country.

It is sad that it happens at all.

So why do we seem to play right into the hands of these bad actors every time a school shooting takes place, and plaster their mug on (inter)national TV for their 15 minutes of fame???:mad:

I firmly believe that less TV coverage would go a long way in reducing these tragic events, but our media truly lives by the mantra: "If it bleeds, it feeds"...:mad::mad:

Sorry for the thread hijack, Fuzzy.

Glad but also surprised to hear we agree on anything when it comes to the subject of guns, Michael

Pete, you might be surprised to learn, I'm a constitutional libertarian.(Bow)

"Even with all the caveats and qualifications, the answer is clear. As written, the original Constitution of the United States, together with its amendments, may be the most explicitly libertarian governing document ever actually enacted into law."

Randy E. BarnettGeorgetown University Law Center, rb325@law.georgetown.edu

I am a Constitutional Liberterian that believes within the Constitution's accompanying Declaration of independence's screed that:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

That Life Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness implicitly includes a right to equal: education, employment, and health. There are only a few human "needs" and many human "wants".

We all have the right to those "needs" :

• Air to Breathe,
  • Water to drink,
  • Food to eat,
  • Healthcare when ill, and
  • A place to live.

Nothing more, everything else is an "earned privilege"

With these rights comes the obligation to not infringe on those rights of others.

While I agree that most can handle firearms safely and sanely, history has shown that as a species we are unable to control our violent nature. One person's right to a firearm does not negate my right to live in safety.

Take care, my Brother.

33183935_1746580145390855_37243834677067776_n.jpg

I dunno what the answer is here

I just don't understand how little value these kind of people hold. All I can do is pray for the victims, the families and yes the shooter who has lost sight of God:(

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kizmet

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kizmet
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png