New member in Virginia

Jun 1, 2018
Bedford, VA USA
Hi, I'm Bob in central VA, USA. I'm not (yet) a trike rider; been on 2 wheels (Triumphs) on and off for 47 years, and likely so for a few years to come. I also own Jack-Be-Quick.com , a manufacturer of specialty parts for Triumphs. After many years of my wife's complete disinterest in motorcycling, she nearly floored me with the statement that she wanted get a 3 wheeler. I couldn't say "yes" fast enough and encouraged her to sign up for the 3 wheel MSF course at the local community college. So the search will be on for a suitable trike.

She was interested in a Spyder, but I read about way too many reliability issues and am totally put off by the complexity of the electronic gizmos. To be fair, I test rode a 2012 RT and was not too impressed, so the search is still on. I started looking around at standard trikes (have yet to ride one) and the price of Goldwings seems crazy. As the value of the bikes diminish, they all still seem to add $10,000 for the trike kit, no matter the age of the kit.

Being a Triumph guy, I'm interested in an R3 (I found one worth looking at 10 hours away) or a T-Bird (found none) trike. Stumbling around on the internet, I ran across the Motor Trike Prowler. I'm not sure if it drives any better than the Spyder, but I like that Goldwings have a "bulletproof" reliability reputation and the lack of the electronic steering. Any input on Triumph trikes or the Prowler would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to participating, and I have a lot to learn about trikes.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png