Wilma gets a new home.

The insurance company named her for me. They didn't have enough space on the card for Wil-Mac, so I'm the proud new owner of "Wilma" the 1979 Wilmac trike. rebuilt 1600cc dual port, with what feels like a freeway flyer irs transaxle (maybe its the big tires), new Harley wide glide front end, and all the quirks and idiosyncrasies a classy old lady would be willing to admit to. I've put 10 miles on it on the first day on the road and I'm just having a blast riding her. There's a lot to adjust to coming off a vintage Goldwing, but I think this is going to be a great adventure.

Attachments

• vwothersmall.jpg
    vwothersmall.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 202
  • vw34small.jpg
    vw34small.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 195
Welcome to Trike Talk Kerry! Wilma is a nice looking lady! The Weld Racing wheels and the white paint really set it off! Enjoy your new adventure!

Thanks for the warm welcome, and the wheel ID, I 'm still compiling the list of nice parts included in this package! Had her out for a 30 mile romp today. Seems it does have a "freeway flyer" transaxle. Between the gearing and the big tires, the engine wasn't happy going into 4th gear under 55 mph.

tachometer to be added soon so I can get some hard data on this. My memory of engine sounds at speed in a vw is a little fuzzy (still) after a 35 year hiatus. Going into my shop tonight to have a look at the shifting mechanism, having lots of trouble finding 1st gear at a stop.

That is a very nice sleek style of body on your Wilma, she has a nice frame to her and sounds strong and ready for the road. I do not know who did your front end, but it is always worth a check to see were your rake and trail is with it and also check and make sure all is installed correctly and tightened up as should be.

Enjoy Wilma as she will enjoy you.:)

While I haven't measured the rake and trail yet, my seat-o-the-pants analysis says "somewhat steep rake , and silly-long trail. Now that the new bars are on I have more leverage for controlling a very willful front end. The good news is high stability and ease of one-hand steering during shifting. There is a new set of headset bearings in the near future because I can feel the dents in the races from being tightened too much (or abrupt landings from "wheelstanding").

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johear65

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johear65
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png