Finally put my fender skirt together

Looks good to me, where did you get the material from, always thought about it myself instead of a mud flap, never could find the material that is shiney and if I did it was to thick to use.

All for now Trampas

Looks good to me, where did you get the material from, always thought about it myself instead of a mud flap, never could find the material that is shiney and if I did it was to thick to use.

All for now Trampas

I ordered from Stainlesssupply.com

It is 304 Stainless Steel Sheet #8 Mirror 22G (.0293")

Width 6 3/8", Length 14"

Cut type Shear

Grain Pref: no

It was a custom order so I did not have to cut anything off the length or width.

I cut the rounded corners with a dremel using the old skirt as a pattern to mark them.

I had a piece of wood that my dad was turning on his lathe to make a goblet or something like that, it fit the bend in the old skirt just right so I use it to bend the new one by hand.

then I used the old skirt to figure out the holes to screw it to the fender, as you can tell I made an error with that and had to drill a couple more holes.

Took me about 8 hours total but I would do a step then think about the next step for a couple days.

I used information provided by Kevin to figure it all out along the way. Especially on how to mount the emblems.

Thanks Kevin

It turned out better than I expected.

Bob

I live on a gravel road and had a rock or stick get into the belt and wore a groove in it. When it costs $900 (insurance covered) at the dealer to replace a belt I thought I would try something to help keep it from happening again.

I thought this might keep the rocks from going that far plus it will keep some of the road spray off the front of the engine.

I measured on my basketball court and the rim is roughly 3 3/4" off the ground with air in the tire, the fender skirt is roughly 3 1/4" from the ground.

I don't think it will be a problem unless the tire comes off the rim.

Bob

I did the exact same thing last year but only extended mine two and a half inches , it keeps the spray , rocks and mud from front tire off of the water pump cover and engine . Works very well ! Ebert
20180317_132820.jpg

guess my pic won't publish ?

Love the idea and it looks nice! I drive about 1 mile of gravel before blacktop. I wanted to stop any debris from pounding the front of the engine etc. I went with a mud flap that I glued to the inside of the stock fender skirt. It seems to work great and the motor stays super clean.

Attachments

• 25F051FF-91E4-40AC-835A-72994D9BFEB3.jpeg
    25F051FF-91E4-40AC-835A-72994D9BFEB3.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 130

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png