Forum Newb Now Stallion Owner

Jun 11, 2018
Polk City, FL
Been riding a friend of mines early 08 Stallion each summer for the last 5 years. During that time I did various maintenance on it, he’s not a wrench guy. Last year the rubber coolant plug sprung a leak and I fixed it like many others, using a piece of heater hose and a plug. His was on the left rear of the bike.

As I posted a couple days ago, bought my own Stallion (494) and working on getting all the previous owner(s) shoddy work corrected. Some of the shortcuts are pathetic. It’s in pretty good shape with 8700 miles and the shoddy work is being corrected, one item at a time. Once I pulled the left wheel to check the battery, I knew I had to check everything, the wiring was a joke.

So I found the famous rubber plug on mine up front, right side and sure enough, only a matter of time before it would spring a leak. One more item checked off.

F49F004D-1CD2-4C99-9482-18CC0AD8411E.jpeg

Been reading everything on this forum, lots of help, sure which the Maintenance Manual of years ago would have happened, be much easier sorting things out.

Not much activity here, hope there are lots of Stallions still rolling..

Been riding a friend of mines early 08 Stallion each summer for the last 5 years. During that time I did various maintenance on it, he’s not a wrench guy. Last year the rubber coolant plug sprung a leak and I fixed it like many others, using a piece of heater hose and a plug. His was on the left rear of the bike.

As I posted a couple days ago, bought my own Stallion (494) and working on getting all the previous owner(s) shoddy work corrected. Some of the shortcuts are pathetic. It’s in pretty good shape with 8700 miles and the shoddy work is being corrected, one item at a time. Once I pulled the left wheel to check the battery, I knew I had to check everything, the wiring was a joke.

So I found the famous rubber plug on mine up front, right side and sure enough, only a matter of time before it would spring a leak. One more item checked off.

View attachment 58455

Been reading everything on this forum, lots of help, sure which the Maintenance Manual of years ago would have happened, be much easier sorting things out.

Not much activity here, hope there are lots of Stallions still rolling..

There is also one of those plugs on the radiator left side. Just look up from the rear, easy to see. I believe the one on the back is a 3/4". The plug the factory installs is actually a vacuum plug, not designed for cooling system. I think every owner has had to replace those plugs.

Sure hope that cracking plug has been replaced. Wish mine looked that clean underneath ! Does it get out of the garage much? LOL

tomg

That picture was taken 6-7 years ago and the reason the brake hose looks so new, it was new. It had rubbed the radiator hose and was worn to the cord and I had just replaced it. I replaced the plug with spec cooling system hose and a piece of steel stock in the end. And, "Does it ever get out of the garage?" Well, it has just over 65K on the clock which is a lot more than MOST others here. Thanks.

That picture was taken 6-7 years ago and the reason the brake hose looks so new, it was new. It had rubbed the radiator hose and was worn to the cord and I had just replaced it. I replaced the plug with spec cooling system hose and a piece of steel stock in the end. And, "Does it ever get out of the garage?" Well, it has just over 65K on the clock which is a lot more than MOST others here. Thanks.

That explains why it was so clean and glad to hear that you are riding and enjoying the Stallion . I just passed 74k and I met a guy in Pigeon Forge last year with a '08 with 98k. There are several out there that are doing a lot of riding! Glad you are one! Tomg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png