Just got off the phone with Harley Davison

rhino 2

100000 + Posts
Oct 15, 2011
Utopia New Jersey USA..
This is the second complaint case I filed with Harley about the transferring of oil from the transmission to the primary, [M8 Engine] Iv'e been back three times and there is still no answer they don't know how to fix it. And now Harley told the dealer that I should keep the RPMs up to 25 hunderd or above all times which is impossible to do... They know that but they are just blowing me off till They can find a fix if they can find one ! The dealer (on the side tells me because they are mad also ). said for to me to ride it to the transmission burns up and then Harley will have to fix it!

Just to add I asked the person that I was taking to 'Do you ride And they said yes ' And then I asked do you ride at 25 RPM's at All times! The silence was deafening !

Hopefully you've read all of the fine lines in your warranty Bob.

I'd be leery about running it until it basically grenades itself. Reason being it could be considered lack of maintenance on your part, thus negating factory replacement/repair...:Shrug:

On the bright side, if you had the dealership change trans oil at the recommended miles, and it did actually fail before the next scheduled factory interval, you might have a case?

Hopefully you've read all of the fine lines in your warranty Bob.

I'd be leery about running it until it basically grenades itself. Reason being it could be considered lack of maintenance on your part, thus negating factory replacement/repair...:Shrug:

On the bright side, if you had the dealership change trans oil at the recommended miles, and it did actually fail before the next scheduled factory interval, you might have a case?

Recommended Trans oil change is at every 20 thousand miles...I always changed it at 5/6 thousand miles all three holes...So when i do the 10 thousand mile oil change , They will have to do the trans and primary under warrteny.. Which the dealer said if it is still doing it , They will....And the dealer has given me a print out on every thing Harley has said to them...

WOW, that is sad Bob

Does the lemon law cover you in your state?

Yes New Jersey does have a lemon law for Motorcycles..'

If at the next oil change 10k and the dealer documents it is still transferring the oil then i can start a case....First i would have to send Harley a registered return receipt letter of my intent to use the lemon law, Then they have one more shot at fixing it , Or buying me out..If they cant fix it and or wont buy me out then it gos to an arbitrator ...So its not a fast slam-dunk deal....Either way what ever the out come is..Even if they can fix it This is the last Harley that will ever be in my Garage..

Bob...what are you thinking would be your next, if any, purchase after the Harley?

At this point i haven't a clue, My dealer also sells Polaris [Slingshot] And i almost traded it in for one, On the spot...But cooler heads prevailed. ...I'm more Teed off on how Harley is handling this...And brand loyalty, Means nothing without company loyally...

A sunny day thought ; HD wants to be the leader in air cooled engines with the most or at least the same CC’s as the Japanese. However with the bigger motors comes bigger heat issues. We all know that excessive heat will destroy a motor. I will not purchase a new HD as I dislike the leggings. With the radiators and fans in them, they are not removable. Yes I’ll admit that I’m in love with the HD exhaust sound. But at this point I’m willing to give that up for performance as well as reliability. JMO, the Evo was the best . After that it has been just a nightmare.

And that’s the opinion from Franks world .

This is the second complaint case I filed with Harley about the transferring of oil from the transmission to the primary, [M8 Engine] Iv'e been back three times and there is still no answer they don't know how to fix it. And now Harley told the dealer that I should keep the RPMs up to 25 hunderd or above all times which is impossible to do... They know that but they are just blowing me off till They can find a fix if they can find one ! The dealer (on the side tells me because they are mad also ). said for to me to ride it to the transmission burns up and then Harley will have to fix it!

Just to add I asked the person that I was taking to 'Do you ride And they said yes ' And then I asked do you ride at 25 RPM's at All times! The silence was deafening !

Yes I do try , and 98% of the time I do , keep above the 2k rpm mark. Otherwise just the sound and lugging feeling will drive me nuts. No engine will perform well or last if it is subjected to any type of lugging. My happy spot is between 2-3k at all times.

Complaint

Do you care to name the dealer up there?

And now Harley told the dealer that I should keep the RPMs up to 25 hunderd or above all times which is impossible to do... They know that but they are just blowing me off

That sounds pretty lame on their part, I wonder where that number came from?

Yes I do try , and 98% of the time I do , keep above the 2k rpm mark. Otherwise just the sound and lugging feeling will drive me nuts. No engine will perform well or last if it is subjected to any type of lugging. My happy spot is between 2-3k at all times.

Frank, The 103...[I had one and rode over 45k trouble free miles] and the 107 M8 are two different animals... 2 K On a 103 is luging....Not so with the 107...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png