Just finished a 3345 mi. trip to Yellowstone and Mt Rushmoore from DFW Tx.(rode 2 up)

Oct 11, 2017
Somewhere,Texas USA
Just finished a 3345 mi. trip to Yellowstone and Mt Rushmoore from DFW Tx.(rode 2 up)

Hey Ya'll!

...wife and I just finished this run without any HD TriGlide troubles! Great Ride!......Those Pro Action 14" rear shocks & comfort lift kit (And the Legend Axion front shocks replacement) really paid off!!!!!...Am not tired or beat to death from a rough ride like I could have been without these shock mods............would start it all over again tomorrow if I had the time and the bucks!....I can't say enough about replacing the HD shocks with these improvements!...Its expensive and damn well worth every penny................

Yellowstone = just breathtaking!....Grand Tetons=spectacular!..........Mt Rushmore and the Badlands=Absolutely "STRIKING!"......Custer National Park= Could not see as we were forced to stay in hotel room for 3 nights in a row due to unseasonable rainy cold weather this past week (sadly) ...could not stop by Sturgis or Deadwood due to the bad weather! (BUMMER!)

...went by Dodge City Kansas on the way back = eh, yeah, its ok I guess....The HD Dealer was in transit of changing owners and front doors were closed.....had one mechanic in the back that let us in to buy a t-shirt (they had about 4 types to choose from only....and saw no bikes for sale)......I give this dealer a big fat thumbs down! ....(won't go thru Dodge City again...but the old Dodge City Museum was interesting I must say)

Cheers!

Glad to hear you had a "no mechanical problems" trip. There has been some crazy weather this spring & it's carrying into summer.

So how many miles you have now?

Reply to MIDO

Glad to hear you had a "no mechanical problems" trip. There has been some crazy weather this spring & it's carrying into summer.

So how many miles you have now?

27,015 miles on TriGlide now......so far, have had defective ignition lock device, one defective rear tire (had bubble on sidewall), and a bad reverse motor replaced.....all warranty!.....hope that's it.........:Shrug:

Randy and Kitty,

Good to hear that you had a fun trip. Hope to see you two in Kerrville.

I went to Dodge City once, just so I could say "I'm getting out of Dodge".;)

Lola

....Yep, the Old Dodge City Museum was cool (Boot Hill and all)......after that = time to "Get the hell out of Dodge!" ....No plans to ever return!.....and Yep, we'll be there in Kerrville!

Sounds like a great trip and great ride! Also a good time to go north, as Texas gets darn hot and this year seems to be running above average. Did you ride Bear Tooth Scenic Parkway going east out of Yellowstone? If you didn't try to catch it next time. Glad you guys had a good time and made it home safe.

hay Randy

I know what you mean by not getting to see ever thing you wanted to. Darlene and I road up to Montana to ride the road to the sun. got there and they had 3 and 4 ft of snow and was closed. but think of the bright side, just have to go back and see what we missed.

we will see you'll in Kerrville and maybe Maggie Valley.

Reply to Jr.....

I know what you mean by not getting to see ever thing you wanted to. Darlene and I road up to Montana to ride the road to the sun. got there and they had 3 and 4 ft of snow and was closed. but think of the bright side, just have to go back and see what we missed.

we will see you'll in Kerrville and maybe Maggie Valley.

Hey Jr!

....funny you should say that.....because I was already telling the wife that we got to get back up to the Badlands again and finish what we started!!!!! (It was a fine fine area to play around in.......and I wanted to tour Custer State Park, Sturgis, and Deadwood!!!!!)....and I wanted to check out Keystone and "The Wall!"....I will return someday!!! I will!

Cheers!

No, we did NOT ride Bear Tooth Scenic Parkway because BAD weather was approaching and we fled the area over to Mt. Rushmore where it eventually caught us anyway!

....but we DID get to see "Old Faithful squirt off... 1 buffalo(who stood by the road where we turned)......1 female Elk (jumped out in front of us on the road)...and a dead fox (in the road).

.......But it was still a great trip due to the majestic scenery.........and the Grand Tetons were awesome to see!!! ...We stayed in Jackson Hole and walked some of the town square and realized this tourist town is like Fredricksburg Tx on steroids! (Jackson Hole is much better).............Now I must warn those reading this who may go to Jackson Hole on a HD TriGlide = park your trike at the Harley Dealer and walk to the square area to see the shops! ...the HD Dealer advised me to do this when we stopped there the afternoon of our first day and we did......The 2nd day we got out of motel at about 8 AM and drove past the HD Dealer and parked in the town square then walked around to find breakfast somewhere nearby.....There wasn't hardly anyone out on the street that early..........about an hour later as we were approaching my ride to leave the area I found a family of Japs crowding my trike- while handling it and taking selfies!!!!! (Yes, Japanese as there are many tour buses of Japs out here and they don't talk English).......We rushed to the trike and mounted up and left....then, returned to the HD Dealer located a couple of blocks away.....The girl there said "See, I told you to park here AND its gonna get worse in the next few days!" ....So, be advised!!!!!! (the HD Dealer takes care of customers and keeps tourist away from the Harleys!)...........WTF? It was quite a learning experience for us!!!!!!

...it seems as though we represent "The modern American Outlaw-Cowboy on our Hogs to the Japanese tourists!"

I'm not going to post a bunch of boring pics here as most of ya'll have already seen Yellowstone and Mt Rushmore....but I'll sling a couple at this post anyway just to show we were there!

20180613_095324.jpg...This is pic of lake at Grand Tetons.

20180613_111619.MEDIUM.jpg...Some old fat guy kicking up a pile of snow into the air at Yellowstone last week!

IMG_1083.MEDIUM size.jpg....as we approached Mt Rushmore.

IMG_1088.jpg....as we got closer to Mt Rushmore!

20180613_085632.jpg....just another'n of the area here at Grand Tetons and yellowstone.

.........I have to shrink these pics to get them on this post....and I'm much too LAZY to do anymore!............But really, this entire area is absolutely beautiful and well worth the trip if any of ya'll haven't yet made it! (I promise)

Cheers!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png