Freewheeler "Chopper" Project

Dang brother... I haven't be on here in a few months and I figured you would be tearing up pavement with flashing lights behind you by now! :D Can't wait to see the finished product!

Me too. I lost my place in line with the painter because of a shipping error, that has added 3 months to the paint job lead time. Supposed to have my parts in April. Hydraulic front end was a disaster, but I found a guy to make my springer, but here again.... it is a long waiting game.

Look on the bright side.... I can give up riding my Trike for Lent and it won't hurt so much.....:laugh:

Me too. I lost my place in line with the painter because of a shipping error, that has added 3 months to the paint job lead time. Supposed to have my parts in April. Hydraulic front end was a disaster, but I found a guy to make my springer, but here again.... it is a long waiting game.

Look on the bright side.... I can give up riding my Trike for Lent and it won't hurt so much.....:laugh:

I hate that for ya.

Will look forward to your engine upgrades that you get to do now!

Kevin

Next Chapter: "Good Things Don't Always Come to Those Who Wait"

I have been working with a fabricator since Dec 2nd on my front end with very little progress. There has always been some other project he had in the works that was trumping time for my springer. I was notified yesterday of an additional month's delay which would result in my not having forks until JUNE. So.....

No Forks.jpg :gah: No forks this year.

Really frustrating.... again. My forks seem to have some kind of curse on them. When the paint comes back the trike goes together and stays that way for the season.... Will continue the search for a fab guy who both knows what the :censored: he is doing and gives a :censored: about doing it for all of the :censored: cash he is getting for it.

It will still be a cool ride but :gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah:

Next Chapter: "Good Things Don't Always Come to Those Who Wait"

I have been working with a fabricator since Dec 2nd on my front end with very little progress. There has always been some other project he had in the works that was trumping time for my springer. I was notified yesterday of an additional month's delay which would result in my not having forks until JUNE. So.....

View attachment 68390 :gah: No forks this year.

Really frustrating.... again. My forks seem to have some kind of curse on them. When the paint comes back the trike goes together and stays that way for the season.... Will continue the search for a fab guy who both knows what the :censored: he is doing and gives a :censored: about doing it for all of the :censored: cash he is getting for it.

It will still be a cool ride but :gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah:

I'm old enough to remember when (1) a man's word was a bond (2) a handshake was as good as a written contract. (3) people took pride in their work.

A real bummer Jeff Hang in there, when done you will have a 1 of a kind, a true custom:clapping:

Yeah, I know.... I will keep working to find the right fab partner. This year paint and engine "stuff" Next year maybe the springer.....

Projecting the first week of April for the paint pick-up That will be cool. Engine parts nearly accumulated now. ....oh yeah.... we were talking about cams with gears vs chains.... here is what the cam designer (Bob Wood) replied to me on that point:

(My email)

Good Morning, I purchased a Wood 22x cam for my 2017 FLRT Trike. Do you sell a gear drive option for these cams? Is it possible to make it a gear driven cam rather a chain. Thanks in advance for the help

Jeff

(Reply from Bob Wood of Wood Performance)

No we don’t as your trike has the latest pump, cam plate & roller link chains that will operate at over 10,000 rpm.If u are trying to win a dyno shoot out for max power @ 6,000 rpm+ and want the last 1 hp, then you can use a gear drive.Bottom line is I would never try to sell someone an additional $550.00 for a gear drive that isn’t needed!!

Thanks

Bob Wood

Engine and tranny work completed....had a problem with the EBS install, but I got it worked out. M8 and TCs have very different options for routing the drain lines.... Be forewarned.... Exhaust mounting next.

Tall bars on for line mock up (going to braided steel everywhere). Starting to change shape and look more like the vision (except for the springer...dang-it)

Engine work.png

And yes.... Still waiting for paint :Dorag:

Attachments

• 2018-Maverick-X3-X-rc-TURBO-R-Carbon-Black-and-Octane-Blue_3-4-front.jpg
    2018-Maverick-X3-X-rc-TURBO-R-Carbon-Black-and-Octane-Blue_3-4-front.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 144
Engine and tranny work completed....had a problem with the EBS install, but I got it worked out. M8 and TCs have very different options for routing the drain lines.... Be forewarned.... Exhaust mounting next.

Tall bars on for line mock up (going to braided steel everywhere). Starting to change shape and look more like the vision (except for the springer...dang-it)

View attachment 70221

And yes.... Still waiting for paint :Dorag:

Oh yeah... that lift looks "big fat tire challenged" LOL

Hey Free Bird, any updates on the build? The painting should be close to done. Any news on the front end.

Yes, the paint SHOULD be done by now, I wholeheartedly agree. It has been at the painter since December.... But not complete. The flames are on, but not the additional graphics and clear coats. I am told it should be complete "by the end of the month". I hope so. I have Spring fever baaaaaad.

In an earlier post in this thread I reported that I abandoned the springer for this year. The fabricator kept pushing the dates out and when he said he would try to get it by June or July I said ok let's forget it for now. I just want to get the paint on it and get it back together.

The handlebars look cool on it.... (This was taken when Doc's was building the motor)

H bars 2.jpg

H Bars 1.jpg

Reactions: MDO
That is looking good bro! I''m thinking about selling my one-off Freewheeler this summer. Going to buy one of these to take on The King of the Hammers race in Johnson Valley, CA and run Moab, Utah. Zero to 60 in 4.4 sec... Turbo with intercooler.

https://can-am.brp.com/off-road/side-by-side/maverick-x3/maverick-x3-x-rc-turbo-r.html

That looks like 16 kinds of fun! Way cool! How about building out the Free to 128" and putting a roll cage and mudder tires on it? That would kill two birds with a single rock :D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png