Hydroplaning!

Drive reasonable and some tires will help.....But remember;

At all tires have their breaking point and will break without warning......Its just a matter of how fast you are going when you find that point, And how long a chain you'll need to get you out of the ditch ...:Shrug:.....

Just want to finish Bob's post here...."If you are lucky enough to end up on the ditch side AND lucky enough to survive."

In my case had the bike hooked up before I got it straightened out I was going across the center line into fast moving traffic going in the opposite direction. Most likely a non-survivable outcome.

After thinking it all over I have decided the best way (for me) to address the hydroplaning issue is to NEVER put myself in that situation again. It probly won't be the last time I get caught in the rain and the next time I will slow down, slow way down if there is a lot of standing water or pull over at an underpass or some form of shelter. If no shelter is available then pull over and just stand there and be miserable because no matter how miserable that might be it still beats a full body cast....or worse.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png