1951 servi car - tackling the clutch assy

Nov 30, 2010
California
I picked up a few more boxes of part from my moms place and started getting things in order. I'm waiting for a few engine items to arrive before I button up the cylinders and heads. So, I decided to unload a box simply labeled 'clutch'. I cleaned up all the parts, killed three black widows and placed everything out so I could figure it out. This picture looks like the parts are taunting me.

IMG_0449.jpg

One cut finger and about 45-minutes later she's assembled. Some of the plates are old and a little loose, so I may spring for a clutch plate replacement kit before I call it done.

IMG_0450.jpg

I also found someone to restore the original gas tank. She's getting there.

I built one a few years ago. It rode great. I had to make parts back then. You can probably find parts now. I threw the old Link carb away. I took a carb off of a yamaha 650 I had, It cranked on the first kick. Ran great.

Fang, I have access to quite a bit of Servicar parts, PM me with you needs, and I'll see what I can dig up. These were (are) pretty cool trikes!

V-Twin in New York carries a lot of replacement parts for your trike the parts marked USA in the book are original HD parts. I have used there replacement heads and bolt hardware kits with no problems. Let me know if there is any thing I can help you with.

Thanks guys! I've been looking through the 2010 45-restoration catalog and they seemed to have just about everything from the ground up.

I also dropped the Linkert...it was going to cost $175 to rebuild and I can remember the issues my dad had with it. I have a Mikuni converstion kit on the way.

ultraboy, thanks for the offer and if I run across something odd that I can't find, I'll be in touch.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png