Oil filter -

Never used them, but, to get the filter off, I have a cnc cut oil filter wrench that takes a 3/8" drive extension on the end works really well ... i also use a silicon baking liner to put under it to drain ... brake it loose, let it drain, change it out.

Never used them, but, to get the filter off, I have a cnc cut oil filter wrench that takes a 3/8" drive extension on the end works really well ... i also use a silicon baking liner to put under it to drain ... brake it loose, let it drain, change it out.

I use that same type end cap filter wrench. The M8's don't need the 1 that's cut out. The key for me is not to over tighten the filter.

I would use the K&N's, but they are too expensive for me. I either use the Mobil 1 extended filter or the HD filter, both around $10.

The K&N are $15 around me.

re-

I use that same type end cap filter wrench. The M8's don't need the 1 that's cut out. The key for me is not to over tighten the filter.

I would use the K&N's, but they are too expensive for me. I either use the Mobil 1 extended filter or the HD filter, both around $10.

The K&N are $15 around me.

I'll give one a try - and get back with you..

K&N currently has a recall on some of its filters:

https://www.knfilters.com/recallkn204

While these recalled filters are NOT the ones we'd use on our TC or M8 motors it seems to me that the same defect could arise as all these filters use the welded nut.

I know you're not supposed to overtighten filters but it's been my experience that even when being diligent the filter can still be very tight after several 000 miles of use. I'd be concerned that the welded nut could deform, twist or break off. And there are no flutes around the end of the filter to use a cap type tool that fits over the filter.

Has anybody used the (K&N) oil filters, that have a nut on the front ??

Looks like a lot easer to take off, than the original .. ??

That nut on K&N filters is sloped. Hard to get a good hold with a socket or open-end wrench. Real easy to over-tighten, too. I just stayed with the H-D filter. I buy them in bulk on e-bay. Just my 2 cents.

Has anybody used the (K&N) oil filters, that have a nut on the front ??

Looks like a lot easer to take off, than the original .. ??

Been using them for a couple years. Just dont over tighten when you install it. Snug dont tighten. Get them on Amazon pretty reasonable.

For saving money and better performance, I have not purchased an oil filter in over 250,000 miles!

I use a Permanent Performance Oil Filter that runs the bike cooler, has less drag on the oil pump and it filters better than any of the disposable oil filters. It also has a nut on the end for easy removal.

Read about it HERE.

Kevin

I've seen that filter many times and thought about getting one. I see that you screw the element to the oil bracket on the bike, but I don't see how you attach the cover. I don't see any threads.

oil filters

the two best things I've done to my 2016 triglide is I bought the filter relocation and oil cooler kit from DK, and love it and I run K&N filters O'Rileys here stocks them and also installed one of their out law air filters and crank case vent relocation. But of course I've re routed the crank vent on all my bikes, don't want that nasty stuff back in my engine

I've seen that filter many times and thought about getting one. I see that you screw the element to the oil bracket on the bike, but I don't see how you attach the cover. I don't see any threads.

The filter element "docks" or "locks" into the filter element housing, it takes no tools, and takes about 2 seconds. Then you screw it on and off just like any other filter.

Kevin

For saving money and better performance, I have not purchased an oil filter in over 250,000 miles!

I use a Permanent Performance Oil Filter that runs the bike cooler, has less drag on the oil pump and it filters better than any of the disposable oil filters. It also has a nut on the end for easy removal.

Read about it HERE.

Kevin

I am on my third oil change using this filter along with the DK's oil filter relocation kit and oil cooler.

All work great!!!!

Bob

Read about it HERE.

Kevin

Interesting filter, I didn't read too much into it, YET, BUT does this filter also fit a Goldwing engine??

If so, then I'll read all I can about this new filter, and take my time, to study about it..

Actually I'm sending this company a "e" and ask them what motors they fit.. thank you, for the head's up!

Ronnie

Interesting filter, I didn't read too much into it, YET, BUT does this filter also fit a Goldwing engine??

If so, then I'll read all I can about this new filter, and take my time, to study about it..

Actually I'm sending this company a "e" and ask them what motors they fit.. thank you, for the head's up!

Ronnie

You can get them for a Goldwing, but the one we have will not fit.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png