2015 Trike

Congrats Trikeman, can you give us your reasons from Canam to GW Road Smith? Not a bashing thing, just curious if you feel you can share. I've probably posted ad neauseum (sp) about this subject, but the Road Smith is getting to a bit of a rough ride in my 'older' years compared to the Spyder suspension. So I continue to soak up some knowledge from experienced riders of both machines.

Trike

Congrats Trikeman, can you give us your reasons from Canam to GW Road Smith? Not a bashing thing, just curious if you feel you can share. I've probably posted ad neauseum (sp) about this subject, but the Road Smith is getting to a bit of a rough ride in my 'older' years compared to the Spyder suspension. So I continue to soak up some knowledge from experienced riders of both machines.

I personally liked the Canam a lot. Wife likes the saddle on the Wing much better.

If I rode solo all the time I probably would have gotten another Spyder.

The Spyder is the best factory trike out there. I road tested a Harley, not for me.

I personally liked the Canam a lot. Wife likes the saddle on the Wing much better.

If I rode solo all the time I probably would have gotten another Spyder.

The Spyder is the best factory trike out there. I road tested a Harley, not for me.

Good response and informative. We dem'd the 2017, wife loved the back seat, not sure how it would wear for the 'long ride'. Perhaps Canam has improved them since your last. Found the suspension to be excellent, no down side to the demo ride. I find hard to get past the maintenance cost compared to my RoadSmith, but it's the price one pays for what you think you want. So my option, I'm taking GW saddle to a person that does it for a living and comes with a good resume, not cheap by any stretch, but he guarantees his work for as long as it takes. If it works, it's worth the price. Will also taking it to the GW maintenance guru later this month, he works his magic, checks the suspension, see if there's any tricks to be performed.

Just had the Wing converted with a Roadsmith. Got it on July 2. Loving every mile. My second Goldwing trike, also had 3 Spyders.

Since 1973 I'm on about my 20th bike.

The Roadsmith is my favorite.

View attachment 59125

Hey Kerry.. That's the stealth version of mine!!! The HTS1800 Kit was just made for our GL1800s!! :xszpv: :xszpv:

Needless to say I LIKE IT!!!!!!:clapping::clapping:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png