body removal

After removing the Wing guards, how difficult is it to remove the body?

How many people needed?

Instructions?

Thanks.

Depending on your familiarity with the GL1800 and the trike kit I'd guess three to five hours Mike. Bike trunk has to come off and that is probably the hardest part. I did my own conversion back in 2015 and it took me 10 days but a lot of that was reading the service manual and the install instructions.

Download the install instructions from Roadsmith's web site. That will give you a pretty good road map.

Two people is all it takes to handle the body itself. GOOD LUCK !! :xszpv::xszpv:

Depending on your familiarity with the GL1800 and the trike kit I'd guess three to five hours Mike. Bike trunk has to come off and that is probably the hardest part. I did my own conversion back in 2015 and it took me 10 days but a lot of that was reading the service manual and the install instructions.

Download the install instructions from Roadsmith's web site. That will give you a pretty good road map.

Two people is all it takes to handle the body itself. GOOD LUCK !! :xszpv::xszpv:

You've already convinced me to take it back to Roadsmith when I decide to have some serious maintenance done. :D

Sure agree with that Mike, I know my limitations. I sleep better knowing my sled is in good hands with a professional, plus I ain't as young as I used to be. I've scheduled my scoot for a deep service and inspection with Greg in Zephyr Hills. Gonna take a few days, but that's OK. Also getting a seat rehab by Just on Time, in St Petersburg. This guy is an old hippie, comes with good credentials, and been doing this kind of thing for many years, I'm anxious to get it back and get some comfy riding time. Spending some $ here, but gotta pay to play.

Sure agree with that Mike, I know my limitations. I sleep better knowing my sled is in good hands with a professional, plus I ain't as young as I used to be. I've scheduled my scoot for a deep service and inspection with Greg in Zephyr Hills. Gonna take a few days, but that's OK. Also getting a seat rehab by Just on Time, in St Petersburg. This guy is an old hippie, comes with good credentials, and been doing this kind of thing for many years, I'm anxious to get it back and get some comfy riding time. Spending some $ here, but gotta pay to play.

We are extremely fortunate in our area that we have an independent mechanic who is what I call Gold Wing genius. He is professional, reasonably priced, and treats every bike as though it were his own. If he tells me the sun is going to set in the East today I am doing an about face.! Having him available takes a lot of stress out of keeping the old girl in top shape.

You'll be in GREAT HANDS with Gregg! For sure!

Last year my wife and I had a nice visit with him, at his shop, it was very clean, and well organized,

It's just too bad that I live in Massachusetts instead of Florida, I'd use Gregg for my Goldwing problems, anyday! :D:D

Ronnie

Ronnie

Thumbs up on that Ronnie. I suppose Greg is not perfect, that doesn't exist, but he's close, goes by the book kind of guy, does what you want done and will do it well, a GW guru if you will. Ole Greg took a lot of flak back in the day on the 'other forum', but those folks that gave him flak are mostly gone. One thing he doesn't do is tires, sure can't fault him for that.

Bill

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png