Running boards reinforcement ?

Jul 18, 2018
Rochester
Hi all, new to the site and to RS , just purchased a 2012 gl1800 with the HTS conversion and running boards.I have read that they are weight bearing and RS says you can stand any where there is the non-slip rubber applied.I see there is one bar that goes under the bike to support the middle. Has anyone ever added additional support?

Any recommendations for front driver running boards instead of the standard foot peg ? with out heal toe is fine.

Thanks Bob!

Bob's new Trike.jpg

With the supports in the front, heavy duty in the middle and the way the rear attaches I have not seen a need to add any. I'm 240#.

I use standard pegs. One of my friends who has longer legs simply removed his pegs and lets his feet ride on the running boards. Mine is the HT1800 (Gen I) and doesn't have the cover on top.

Welcome to the RS family!

You have to wash and wax that bike once in while...LOL *very clean*

I just stand on the rim, and not the middle of the floor boards, I only have one support on the bottom of my running boards

Ronnie

Thanks for replies !

Thanks for the suggestions, It does look to be very sturdy I just tend to over think things so my wife tells me. :)

Bob

With the supports in the front, heavy duty in the middle and the way the rear attaches I have not seen a need to add any. I'm 240#.

I use standard pegs. One of my friends who has longer legs simply removed his pegs and lets his feet ride on the running boards. Mine is the HT1800 (Gen I) and doesn't have the cover on top.

Welcome to the RS family!

+1 on what Mike said. That center brace is super heavy duty and bolts to where the center stand was before it gets removed. Between that brace, the front mounts and the rear mounts, the RS running boards are stronger than anything else on the market.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randmevape

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randmevape
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png