Cell phone charger for 2018 Freewheeler

After decades of putting off getting a bike i finally just walked in and bought a beautiful new Freewheeler! It a little intimidating learning to ride at age 63, but i am having a blast! I have the Harley phone mount installed, now I want to get power to it. Is there an auxiliary connection on the 2018 Freewheeler I can plug in a Harley 12V power socket? Harley has these for 2 wheelers (it appears to mate to a 4 pin connector) but my dealer is uncertain if my trike can use this.

Thanks!

Welcome from Missouri!

I had the dealer mount a HD 12 volt outlet in my trunk so I could charge devices while traveling. You get 1 of the adapters that plugs in and has 2 USB outlets.

You can get an adapter plug that goes from the battery tender connection & it has a USB at the other end of the cable.

I'm sorry, but if your dealer doesn't know this, I'd go elsewhere. 12 volts is 12 volts on 2 or 3 wheels.

Hi Robert! Welcome to TrikeTalk from west Texas! Glad you took the plunge. Ask all the questions here you need to - these guys are all pretty “techy” and like to share their knowledge and experience.

I went a different route with this.Didnt care for anything the MoCo offered.Went down to Autozone and picked up a duplex unit, has a USB port and a cigar powerport.Mounted it to the liner on the forward bulkhead and ran the cable through the trunk access port and soldered two ring connectors to attach directly to the battery.Always hot and it even has a tiny l.e.d. light to find it in the dark.Now I can charge my phone and have a powerport to plug in a small compressor. Never know when another rider will need to inflate his girlfriend. Not that I,....um would ever have need for that type of woman.

I went a different route with this.Didnt care for anything the MoCo offered.Went down to Autozone and picked up a duplex unit, has a USB port and a cigar powerport.Mounted it to the liner on the forward bulkhead and ran the cable through the trunk access port and soldered two ring connectors to attach directly to the battery.Always hot and it even has a tiny l.e.d. light to find it in the dark.Now I can charge my phone and have a powerport to plug in a small compressor. Never know when another rider will need to inflate his girlfriend. Not that I,....um would ever have need for that type of woman.

I would assume you have a fuse in line with the connection?

Reactions: MDO
Welcome to the Gang from Western Colorado.

Careful with "modifying the electrical system, I think that's a can bus.

Tying into the battery connection is okay, or coming right off the battery. HD and Kuryakyn make serval nice auxiliary charging connections. Kuryakyn has usb connections that you can mount to a handle bar.

Welcome from Missouri!

I had the dealer mount a HD 12 volt outlet in my trunk so I could charge devices while traveling. You get 1 of the adapters that plugs in and has 2 USB outlets.

You can get an adapter plug that goes from the battery tender connection & it has a USB at the other end of the cable.

I'm sorry, but if your dealer doesn't know this, I'd go elsewhere. 12 volts is 12 volts on 2 or 3 wheels.

This is the way I do it

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png