Tri-Glide Windshields

Nov 13, 2016
England
I have replaced [ under warranty ] three windshields on my 2016 Tri-Glide Ultra,all crack in the same place, right on the centre bolt. I now have a 2018 Trip Glide which is now waiting its first replacement windshield at 2,500 miles a crack from the centre bolt again ! Has anyone else had this problem.

Any help would be appreciated

Mike

Only if the secure screws are tight. They should be loose to snug only. Also make sure the shield holes are loose into the bosses that hold it in place.

My 17 Tri-Glide has a slight crack last bolt on the right and a blue haze, Harley said it wasn't big enough to replace, Wait till it gets bigger so the dealer just loosen the bolts and lowered the shield a little.. ....It never did grow :Shrug:

Strange... Never had a windshield crack in 60 yrs of owning M/C. 32,000 on my 16 Tri & no crack. Maybe over tighten of screws ??? hmmm:confused:

Without looking, I'm pretty sure the fairing screws for the windshield are around 25-30 inch pounds. I had mine off a couple of months ago.

Only had 3 Harley bagger since 09, but never had an OEM or aftermarket windshield crack. I have two LRS windshields now and switch every once and awhile. I don't tighten those 3 screws very tight.

Not on my TG but on my '17 CVO Limited I had three oem windshields develop a crack around the left side (when sitting on the bike) fairing screw. Would think the shield would get more stress from wind resistance on the sides vs the center. Anyway it is strange.

I'm running a 'touring style' Freedom windshield on my '18 TG and really like it. It is much thicker than the oem shield and I like the wider touring style. They also have the 'standard' oem width style also.

https://freedomshields.net/product/tri-glide-windshield/

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png