Routes from a P/C to a GPS?

I have a Magellan Maestro 4050 right now that I use in my truck and sometimes on my bike. I went to the Lone Star Rally in November and really wanted to use my GPS to go on the route I had mapped out in my map book. I could not find a way to do this.

So after I got back, I called the Support line to try to find a way. They gave me a one word answer of NO.

So now I have been looking around here for a while and have seen some talk about this here and there. I thought I would ask everyone here the question.

I would like to go on my laptop and use a program to map out the way I want to go during a ride. Then I would like to be able to save that route and then bring it up on my GPS and have the GPS tell me where to go.

Now if I can't do this with the 4050, could you tell me what is the best and easiest GPS to do this with?

I know it's easy to do with the Garmin Zumos. I think most of the Garmins will. Maybe some of the Garmin Nuvi owners will chime in too. The only problem is even after developing the route on the PC, the Zumo will recalculate it & not always stay with the origional route.. it'll be close enough you can use it. The biggest problem is the memory capacity. Without using the expantion card (it was loaded with tunes), on my trip last summer (24 days), the onboard memory would have left me in the middle of Nebraska (day 9) -- going. My solution was to pick up a little Acer netbook & down load the day's "tracks" & upload the next day's route. Worked good. Also used the Acer to download the days photos.

NM

Garmin also has a program that can be downloaded from their website, that will allow you to use MapQuest to build your customized trips, along start and stop times as well as planned stops, etc. and then upload that to your Garmin.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png