Rev-Limiter?

3FOR2

80+ Posts
Jun 21, 2013
Moyock, NC. USA
1. 2015 GL1800 - Does it have a rev-limiter?

2. Please explain exactly how it works.

3. If this post, from another site, is correct, please explain. (the noise)

Seasoned Member

I hit Redline one time with my 02 when I missed 3d gear from 2d. I was trying to get out of dodge with a car running nearly atop me and when the rev limiter triggered I'm not sure I've never heard anything worse. That sound alone keeps me from getting anywhere close to Redline, I thought the engine came apart.

Just curious about the noise. I was making a pass (in frustration) this weekend, I knew it was pretty wound out, but didn't go for the higher gear, and wow... crunchy noises, felt in my butt... I could describe the sound and feeling like the fellow on the 2 wheeler I quoted. I had about a split second to contemplate it, grabbed another gear and went on. Everything seems normal since the incident. Just puzzled.

Just curious about the noise. I was making a pass (in frustration) this weekend, I knew it was pretty wound out, but didn't go for the higher gear, and wow... crunchy noises, felt in my butt... I could describe the sound and feeling like the fellow on the 2 wheeler I quoted. I had about a split second to contemplate it, grabbed another gear and went on. Everything seems normal since the incident. Just puzzled.

There are two types of limiters ......A soft one which just cuts back on the gas and the engine will sputter .......Then theres a hard one which will make you think a spark plug blew out of the cylinder......Soft or hard their there to protect the engine from blowing apart......As long as you don't make it a habit of bouncing off of it , Theres no harm done..

Well I guess that's that, then... interesting. I just can't believe there's not a better/different way to do it, other than doing something that makes all that racket and butt feeling. Doesn't make sense to me, but, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, either. Thanks.

Well I guess that's that, then... interesting. I just can't believe there's not a better/different way to do it, other than doing something that makes all that racket and butt feeling. Doesn't make sense to me, but, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, either. Thanks.

Makes sense to me.......It gets your attention real fast, So either shift , Or get off the gas fast...:Shrug:....Bet you won't over rev again...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png