Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Empi forged disc brake mounting bracket

100+ Posts
    User ID

Default disc forged mounting bracket

Jack K. Found this out today. I did ride the trike. The first few times I applied the brakes it didn't make a sound. Them probably about the fifth time I used the brakes it started making the noise. I did check the rod to the master cylinder to make sure it had the right abmout of play and actually backed off on it a little more. Any today when I got home I jacked it up on the right side. I think my problem is on that side. I took the wheel and rolled the hub over by hand and it seemed tight. I loosened the bleeder screws and it freed up. I am running type 1 master cylinder. I don't think it is that becasuse the other side if fine. The brake line comes to the rear then splits. The pistons in the caliper seen to slide easily and I don't think they are sticking. I wonder if something is wrong with the lines. It has the stock lines on it. Any ideas. Thanks

User ID

Only if you have a kink in a steel line, or you have rubber flex hoses

Rubber flex hoses can collapse over time causing brake fluid to be trapped

If you can have someone pump the brakes up while you look at the caliper you should see the piston move out when brakes are applied, in when pressure is released, A sticky piston can fool you easily
    Nuff Said," Were Burnin Daylight, Lets Ride"(Sober 31years)
    Current ride : 17 FREEWHEELER M8, Power Vision tuner, DK Customs Outlaw air cleaner, modified by me head breather vent with drain, Gutted stock mufflers, (RJS Originals) rear wheel discs , (RJS Originals) custom windshield lower panel, Mighty Mites Love Jugs fans by Papa Zook

400+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

If you have a rubber line going to the caliper, the next time the brakes drag loosen the fitting that connects the hard line to the rubber line. If it doesn't free up the caliper then the problem is in the rubber line. If it does free up keep moveing forward to the master cylinder.

100+ Posts
    User ID

Default Empi forged disc brake mou ting bracket

I don't think the steel part of the line is linked. I order two new brake 'line hoses and the place I ordered from had some brake pads the guy said were good so I ordered a set of pads. I Hadn't thought about the fitting on the brake line.

I had a 69 vs that I had a brake line I had trouble with. It wouldn't release the brakes. I hope that is my problem. I am hoping that after I use my brakes a few times it isn't releaseing on the right side and making my noise. It won't hurt to replace the lines anyway. I'll post after I get the lines and pads changed. Thanks for the suggestions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12