GL 1500 Roadmith trike

Jan 29, 2012
Grove Oklahoma
A friend of mine just bought a 1995 1500 goldwing with 2012 Roadsmith conversion, I’m trying to help him figure out a few things on the trike, he’s not real savvy or mecanically inclined and I’m not close where I can help him on the trike. He’s wondering how to adjust the ride, is it the same air ride as on a stock 1500 Goldwing? Thanks in advance

Hello Jay

hi Jay yes the air ride is the same when they put the kit on it they also used air , so on your right side were your controls are will work just the same

Thank you, what pressure is best one up.

Hey! Good to hear from you again. Haven't seen you since I got some patches at BBBQ in Lafayette. Been a while.

As far at the best pressure, I will definitely recommend some. ;) I suggest starting at 30 - 35# and experiment from there. What the number your buddy ends up on will depend on many factors - his weight, what gear is carried in the trunks, tire pressure, tire brand and design, the shocks installed and most of all personal preference. When we had our 1995 GL1500SE Motor Trike (Pre-airbag model.I thought the shocks were relatively stiff.) I ran 30-35# riding the Ozarks (I like it a bit stiff for the twisties) 35-38 if Gloria was along. For long highway jaunts I would drop the pressure for a cushier ride, with the trailer and passenger in the 30# range, a bit less if alone.

Good to hear from you again Ozarkrider, I’ve been around, just not posting much. Thank you for the information, I will pass it on to him,hope to see you on the road one of these days, we was in Anderson 3 weeks ago looking at a 2000 SE on training wheels.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cantgetright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cantgetright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png