Maintenance time

Sounds good Ronnie, I'll be giving that a try as well on my way to Maggie Valley for the trike ride in by way of Sevierlle TN two up and rack load. Sevierville is about 690 miles give or take. Guess the only concern that nags at me is 22 might cause the rears to over heat with the load, so I'll be giving it the 'feel test'. If it worked for you pulling a trailer, and Randy says 22 is a good number, so I rely on his and your recommendation.

Bill[h=1][/h]

Sounds good Ronnie, I'll be giving that a try as well on my way to Maggie Valley for the trike ride in by way of Sevierlle TN two up and rack load. Sevierville is about 690 miles give or take. Guess the only concern that nags at me is 22 might cause the rears to over heat with the load, so I'll be giving it the 'feel test'. If it worked for you pulling a trailer, and Randy says 22 is a good number, so I rely on his and your recommendation.

Bill

Be sure and let us know how it went during your trip. Anxious to hear. Be safe!!!

Bill

Bill,

Towing a trailer/riding speed limit only/I found my bike to be the smoothest ever.................no tire problems/ only one main problem that I actually had was to keep my smile, to myself, cause everybody else would be wondering why this strange man is smiling all the time.. very smooth ride, instead of feeling every pebble, and roughness of the road...

22LBS for me for now on!

Ronnie

Hope I'm excited as you are when I get back, I have that extra weight in the 5 gal aux fuel tank, the wife and I are about 270 lbs, not heavy weights, but what if I gain 5 lbs? Oh well :>)

Bill

Hope I'm excited as you are when I get back, I have that extra weight in the 5 gal aux fuel tank, the wife and I are about 270 lbs, not heavy weights, but what if I gain 5 lbs? Oh well :>)

Bill

I see your point now!

I'm 175 lbs, and 99% of time ride solo, (change that percentage to 99.9%) without an extra gas tank, in rear, so elimitant that extra weight, also , but 22lbs was perfect for me..Now's the time to play with your air pressure B4 the trip..(I could tell the difference, before I got to end of my street (1/2 mile) With my original air pressure I could actually feel every pebble, every bump, every tar snake, etc, etc, in the road, now it's just a nice smooth comfy ride...

B4, (lowering pressure) non riders used to say to me, wow that bike look so comfortable, and i have to say no, it actually ride harder, NOW I CAN SAY yep, it does indeed ride smoother!!

Tire Pressure

CorrectTirePressure.jpg

Hi, more than any other vehicles and tires, motorcycle tires have more theories on what pressure to use. I stay with what the manufacturer recommends, I mean they should know what's best, right?

In the attached Lehman tike article, they originally were saying 20-22psi for years, but later changed that thought. I mean just because the ride feels so much better, does the thought that it may not be safe ever enter in to the thought process,

I may not have a valid point here, the tire people have years of testing data so why do they give the recommended tire pressure, is it for tire wear and is safety another reason?

I think the last line in the article sums it up best.

Frank

Ok as promised! Just got home from the Trike rally in the catskills, (had a ball /by the way) anyways WOW what a difference lowering my rears down to 22 lbs per tire.......The trike is now smoother (ride) then ever.....Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Before lowering tire pressure, I could really actually feel every tiny pebble i ran over over, it was like driving a tractor with wheels, now it's smooth, :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Ronnie

I'm fooling with my rear shocks now . I never in 19 years ever thought about playing with it. I checked the pressure it was at 3 lb. I am now at 26. The new girlfriend is 5 inches taller than my wife was and maybe a few lbs more. Also came back from that same TT NE trike rally. If your in the Newengland area , Watch for future posting on the Forum .

I'm fooling with my rear shocks now . I never in 19 years ever thought about playing with it. I checked the pressure it was at 3 lb. I am now at 26. The new girlfriend is 5 inches taller than my wife was and maybe a few lbs more. Also came back from that same TT NE trike rally. If your in the Newengland area , Watch for future posting on the Forum .

Hey John, (I think I may have seen you at that same rally once or twice) LOL It sure was a "Hole in one" .....If any other [ideas/rides] comes up , please let me know Ok?? I had a ball with you four, (karen,Paula, and Doug) and hope to do some more riding be 4 the seasons over.. Thank you for everything, and for making that rally a wonderful experience!

Ronnie

Be sure and let us know how it went during your trip. Anxious to hear. Be safe!!!

Just back from approx 1500 miles to TN and back, two up, loaded, 38 psi in the front, 22 psi in the rears, a good ride, psi good, no tire over heat which was my concern. My only problem, the FI light was driving me to distraction, going off at the key off stop, only to come back on in about five minutes into the ride. Was that way the entire trip home, but there was no change in the sound of the engine, no hesitation, just a 'feel good' ride, so I just rode the thing like nothing was wrong. I get my GW pro a week from Monday.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png