How My Credit Card Melted / I got my forks

triwinggirl

500+ Posts
Jun 26, 2010
Las vegas Nevada
Wow I'm telling you my credit card actually melted in my hand. It was amazing i was on line ordering my new forks and i pushed enter and my credit card started melting right in my hand. So weird wish i had a good camera. ;)

Back When I first joined this site i had just learned about Marvin at EUROWING Trikes. I was contacted by Marvin at EUROWING TRIKES. I had posted i needed forks for my trike on another site. He told me that they had forks that they take off the new GoldWings that they convert into trikes. He said he would be happy to send me a pair and give me a good price. :woohoo:

So i contacted him and told him my need and that my forks were barreled and i would contact him when i could afford them. :wave4:

I contacted him 3-4 weeks ago to get a pair. he had them in the UPS before thanksgiving from Italy. He had a mechanic take them off a brand new bike in his shop in Italy and shipped them out while i was paying for them. :woohoo:

This is were the UPS sucks thing comes in. My package got stuck in customs and UPS gave us both all kinds of different stories. They even at one time told us both that they never received a package. :censored:

He called me from Italy to help me get them through customs and reassure me that everything was fine. Way cool:wave4:

I am very happy to say i GOT MY BRAND NEW FORKS WITH THE FACTORY OIL STILL IN THEM TODAY. I got a way good price. They came complete with everything, brackets and a complete ADV with the actuator, and all bolts. :pepper::pepper:

If you need New forks for your trike because yours are wore out give Marvin a yell

The best Christmas Present I ever Got Thank You Marvin

:BlessU::MerryChristmas:

This may just be another repair to most of you. But it was a big event to me and the best Christmas present i ever got and all i got was a post saying great now install them and go ride.

That really spoiled all the joy out of my nice present Thank you so much for enjoying it with me, and being so supportive.

I rode on springs and wet brakes for 8 months while i saved for those forks. Not one person was happy for me that i finally did it on a no money income.
Well thank you for all the nice comments and the fabulous support and encouragment. ThumbUp

Yea i'm upset

:Monster::Monster:

I am very sorry you have gotten the impression we are unsupportive and uncaring. To be so excited and have no one to celebrate with you would feel like a huge let-down, for sure!

This forum is a big, warm family in many ways. I think it is hard sometimes to realize that despite that truth, we really do know very little about each other, our circumstances, and daily personal lives and struggles. And so, by having no way to recognize or understand the milestone event this was for you personally, the members have simply seen your posting as one of many shared about repairs and work on trikes.

I hope you can understand that, and that you can feel again that nothing personal was ever intended by our oversight. This truly is a group with big, caring hearts and I promise you that you are a welcome part of that circle.

Thanks Nana I knew everyone thought it was just another repair by tmagilas comment.

Yea it was a big let down but it is not all this sites fault other sites were way less supportive in fact insulting at least that did not happen here.

Thank you for what you said and being supportive. Thats why i like this site the best. ThumbUp

Girl, we're proud of you for your riding, your accomplishments, and your determination! There aren't many of us 'passenger ladies' who could begin to do what you've done, so stand proud and ride 'Joy' with true joy. I wish I could do half the things you've done with your ride but I never will - know that some of us who only 'shut up and hang on' are green with envy at your courage and abilities.

This may just be another repair to most of you. But it was a big event to me and the best Christmas present i ever got and all i got was a post saying great now install them and go ride.

That really spoiled all the joy out of my nice present Thank you so much for enjoying it with me, and being so supportive.

I rode on springs and wet brakes for 8 months while i saved for those forks. Not one person was happy for me that i finally did it on a no money income.
Well thank you for all the nice comments and the fabulous support and encouragement. ThumbUp

Yea I'm upset

:Monster::Monster:

WOW I did not mean to upset you or belittle your accomplishment.

Like Nana says we are not aware of what you had to do to accomplish this. Actually when I made the comment I was feeling good that you had got something that you wanted and was feeling how from some of your past posts that I knew you due your own work so finish up and go out and enjoy.

I really admire you with out even knowing you that you do take on the sometimes very difficult tasks of building, repairing your own ride. I also due my own work for the most part. I am self taught like you so I do understand the frustrations that sometimes happen. I also understand the pride when you can step back and say I did that.

So I'm sorry to have upset you. Please look at it from another angle, How many people even responded to your post? I did because I thought it was worth my time to congratulate you and for you to enjoy your accomplishment by getting out and ride.

Hang in there! Those that respond to your posts are usually responding in support not in the negative, but we can not possibly know or feel your emotions. Once again sorry.

I know noboby meant harm i'm sorry for suggesting that harm was intended.

Thank you for the support, it helps. ThumbUp

It's hard for me during this time of year and i get cranky so i apologize for that. I lost my mom on 12/19/05 soi'm kinda stressed right now sorry for spreading it. :banghead::gah::gah:

Hey twiwinggirl, this time of year can be rough for a lot of us, so we understand how you feel and many of us fight the same battle you do. You dont have to apologize to anyone for feeling blue. Hugs to you my friend!! :GrpHug1:

This Thread points out the "Problem" of "Blue Screen Conversations". Were You sitting somewhere discussing this with several Members, Your Enthusiasm, Facial, and Hand Expressions would tell the Tale, and the Excitement could be shared more easily by us TRIKE TALK Folks.

Not to slight this, nor any other Thread on TRIKE TALK...this Website has grown extensively, even in the time frame I have been a Member. It now takes a long time to read even a fourth of the posts put up here in a day, while maintaining Jobs, Family, etc.

I hope You recieve my sincerest apology along with the Other Members, if You felt even the slightest lack of Member Warmth about this. Hope to actually "SEE" You and Your new Forks at some point down the road. Enjoy Them and TRIKE TALK....both should provide lotsa' Great Times...:wtg:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png