Heater servo valve

Sep 26, 2015
Olney, TX
I don’t think my servo valve is completely closing the flow of coolant to the heater. Where do I look for it? Or where would be the best place to install a manual cut-off? Any suggestions or experience with this on the Stallion would be greatly appreciated.

2008 Stallion

I don’t think my servo valve is completely closing the flow of coolant to the heater. Where do I look for it? Or where would be the best place to install a manual cut-off? Any suggestions or experience with this on the Stallion would be greatly appreciated.

2008 Stallion

Haven't got a clue on this one ! I recommend you call Richard at TMS on Monday morning. Remember they are on central time. tomg

Thanks, guys for the replies. I’ll look behind the seat. I thought possibly it was back there. I was hoping it wasn’t behind the dash area somewhere (too congested).

John

2008 Stallion

This is a typical Ford heater control valve

It will be in 1 of your heater hoses before the heater core

Most often the valve will either leak or stick

heatercontrolvalve2way.jpg

I am truly getting old ... LOL.

I never thought I'd be reading a thread on a Trike bulletin board about AC and Heater problems. Technology is a wonderful thing.

I did actually purchase heated riding gear a couple of years ago ... gotta admit, I'm at that age where I like the comfy feeling ... :blush:

This is a typical Ford heater control valve

It will be in 1 of your heater hoses before the heater core

Most often the valve will either leak or stick

heatercontrolvalve2way.jpg

Pretty close. The heater valve on the stallion is more of what I call a butterfly style (doesn't have the actuator like the one shown). It's located on the top of the hvac box under the right rear wheel, can also see it by removing the passenger seat back. It'll have a plastic cover over it that snaps on & off & like others have said the heater hose can be your guide to it.

I'd also make sure the heater control knob & control on the dash isn't your issue. The knob should turn almost a full 360 but stop just short of; if the knob will spin all the way around & keep spinning the set screw is backed off & the knob isn't actually turning anything. You'll need to remove the cover plate to access the small allen set screw that secures the knob to the control.

Pretty close. The heater valve on the stallion is more of what I call a butterfly style (doesn't have the actuator like the one shown). It's located on the top of the hvac box under the right rear wheel, can also see it by removing the passenger seat back. It'll have a plastic cover over it that snaps on & off & like others have said the heater hose can be your guide to it.

I'd also make sure the heater control knob & control on the dash isn't your issue. The knob should turn almost a full 360 but stop just short of; if the knob will spin all the way around & keep spinning the set screw is backed off & the knob isn't actually turning anything. You'll need to remove the cover plate to access the small allen set screw that secures the knob to the control.

Trike tech, I think my control knob is working correctly as you described. I’ll look for the controll valve as soon as I get a chance. Thanks for the description on its location.

John in Olney, TX

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png