Preload Actuator

Oct 1, 2009
Upper Marlboro MD, USA
2010 GL1800 CSC COBRA XL ~ My preload actuator doesn't engage (load on the actuator motor) until 17 on the scale. It probably needs fluid added to the actuator. Where is the actuator located on the CSC conversion?

I've read this before looking for the answer. I see references to the preloader, which is on the shock assembly. There is a reference to an "amp" but I have no way of knowing if that's the actuator or not. If it is, it's attached to an upper stablizer bar, wherever that is. The way it's written, the installation manual appears to assume you know your way around the CSC rear end unit.

Thanks anyway.

I've read this before looking for the answer. I see references to the preloader, which is on the shock assembly. There is a reference to an "amp" but I have no way of knowing if that's the actuator or not. If it is, it's attached to an upper stablizer bar, wherever that is. The way it's written, the installation manual appears to assume you know your way around the CSC rear end unit.

Thanks anyway.

If this doesn't help then I would suggest you call CSC as i'm sure someone can lead you through it.

http://californiasidecar.com/index.php/Pages/why-csc

Did you look behind the right wheel on the Honda part of the frame to see if CSC kept the stock location for the actuator?

Did you look behind the right wheel on the Honda part of the frame to see if CSC kept the stock location for the actuator?

As much as I could without jacking up the trike and pulling the wheel.

This just popped up in the last few days and I've been busy getting the trike, trailer and other things ready to go to the Northeast TT Gathering. I took a chance that someone has been there before and could just give me a quick answer.

I guess I'll give CSC a call when I get back.

Thanks anyway, Mike.

As much as I could without jacking up the trike and pulling the wheel.

This just popped up in the last few days and I've been busy getting the trike, trailer and other things ready to go to the Northeast TT Gathering. I took a chance that someone has been there before and could just give me a quick answer.

I guess I'll give CSC a call when I get back.

Thanks anyway, Mike.

Yogisan, you got rid of your Jackal ??:Shrug:

Yogisan, you got rid of your Jackal ??:Shrug:

Not yet. I haven't put it up for sale as there are a few minor things I need to square away. There's no rush and I get it out a couple times a month just to keep it loose.

The parking brake quit working a couple of weeks after the disc brake conversion. It wasn't impacting anything so I just went without it last season, but I have to fix it before I sell it or it won't pass MD inspection.

Not yet. I haven't put it up for sale as there are a few minor things I need to square away. There's no rush and I get it out a couple times a month just to keep it loose.

The parking brake quit working a couple of weeks after the disc brake conversion. It wasn't impacting anything so I just went without it last season, but I have to fix it before I sell it or it won't pass MD inspection.

Sounds like one of the cable locks may have slipped.

Sounds like one of the cable locks may have slipped.

I figured it was something like that. I was setting the brake and just about the 3rd click I felt a pop and then all slack. I remembered that you told me about getting the cable holder piece on the handle extended by welding and I thought that might be it. I just haven't gotten around to pulling the handke cover to check it.

I'm out the door right after this text for a week but I'll check it after I get back and let you know.

The actuator on my GL1800 CSC Viper is still in the stock location and I have no reason to believe that the Cobra would relocate that. It should be on the right side of the frame to the rear of the sidecover. Withe the conversion body on, it will probably be very difficult to access.

I took the seat off to mount air hawk seat cushions and looked for the actuator. Yep, it's in the stock position and, unless there's a secret access panel that I haven't found yet, there's no way to get to it without pulling the trunk body. I guess no one at csc ever expected the fluid to get low on the actuator. Well, it's still working (activating the preload at 17) but sometime in the future it will need a fillup. Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kizmet

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kizmet
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png