Rekluse clutch aftermath

What almost killed me, Never-mind the Spyder was the *DPS*....Visualize this...You are going around a sweeping hard turn, And the DPS turns suddenly off' And now you have to use a lot of muscle to keep it turning, Then all of a sudden it turns back on....While you are still muscling it....Got my attention real quick, BRP Had to replace every one of those early DPS's...Somewhere around 8 thousand + of them...

*Dynamic Power Steering*

Whoa, that's some scary stuff right there. Never knew about that. Glad it didn't get you.

Whoa, that's some scary stuff right there. Never knew about that. Glad it didn't get you.

And it took them [BRP] quite a while to believe the people that it was happing to....Because it was spontaneous and intermittent .....It took NHTSA to get involved before all the DPS units were replace....And even then they would only give each dealer one uint at a time at first....:xzqxz:....

I have about 10,000 on my Rekluse clutch and only adjusted it once after I installed it. I also installed a Pingle shifter shortly after and had a few problems at first but the company worked with me and now it is doing what I intended. It was an elect prob. I like to think of my trike as an automatic and use the clutch only until the oil is warmed up. I'm 75 and figure the modifications will help me ride another 5 or 6 years.

I have about 10,000 on my Rekluse clutch and only adjusted it once after I installed it. I also installed a Pingle shifter shortly after and had a few problems at first but the company worked with me and now it is doing what I intended. It was an elect prob. I like to think of my trike as an automatic and use the clutch only until the oil is warmed up. I'm 75 and figure the modifications will help me ride another 5 or 6 years.

Thanks for that shorty....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randmevape

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randmevape
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png