Question on a 2003 Honda 1500 Valkyrie with Motor trike conversion

trikerron

20+ Posts
Feb 6, 2010
falls city, ne. usa
Question on a 2003 Honda 1500 Valkyrie with Motor trike conversion

I would like to know what kind of shocks you all have on the conversion. Are they adjustable for load my shocks are spring coil over . They look like they are adjustable. But I can not adjust them. Thanks Ron.

I would like to know what kind of shocks you all have on the conversion. Are they adjustable for load my shocks are spring coil over . They look like they are adjustable. But I can not adjust them. Thanks Ron.

I would guess that they used the stock coil-over shock (optional air shock), that is covered, and air bags for additional stability of the body. You would need to remove a wheel and use a spanner to turn the spring ramp at the bottom of the shock. Turning clockwise increases preload.

s-l225.jpg

motortrike uses progressive coil over shocks plus air bags.

if you are the original owner of the trike. the dealer should have supplied the wrench to adjust them.

if you can't get the lower adjustment to turn. spray some penetrating oil on them before trying to turn them.. makes it a lot easier to get them to move.

The coil overs are pre set by Progressive suspension (we don't mess with the adjustment) and the air bag system is used to adjust the ride comfort for varying loads (think air bag helper system like you see on bigger trucks, towing rigs, etc). If you decide to mess with the shock adjustment, they use a standard spanner wrench which is available through a variety of sources.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png