2018 TG Parking Brake ...adjustment question

Oct 25, 2015
Merritt Island
damn Harley crap.... not even 150 miles on it..the parking brake doesn't hold. I'm very sure my dumbass dealer made no adjustments on the bike. Since I'm still waiting for my service manual since they can't seem to keep any in stock.....what is the adjustment to get the parking brake to 'ratchet' the 4 clicks as there are no clicks when I push it down and it doesn't stay down.

damn Harley crap.... not even 150 miles on it..the parking brake doesn't hold. I'm very sure my dumbass dealer made no adjustments on the bike. Since I'm still waiting for my service manual since they can't seem to keep any in stock.....what is the adjustment to get the parking brake to 'ratchet' the 4 clicks as there are no clicks when I push it down and it doesn't stay down.

Don’t know about the 18’s , but on my 12 you got to adjust the rear calipers as well as the hand brake. No foot brake click or movement ? Ya got a problem :Shrug:

Marc who is your dealer? I have a contact at Space Coast if that will help. It's warranteed make them fix it right.

No clicking while pressing brake. How to fix issue.

On my 16 Tri

Press brake pedal down, slid off foot and let petal snap back. You should know have the clicks. The pedal has to snap back.

Adjusting parking brake:

https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/45121-Adjusting-Harley-Parking-Brake

[url]https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/46429-17-Tri-Glide-parking-brake/page2

attachment.php

[/URL]

I'm looking for something I can do in the garage here, I refuse to go anywhere near Space Coast. I'll take it up to Seminole if I have to...

You can adjust the brake in your garage # 29 is the adjuster, crack the nut loose, spin the barrel to lengthen it out jam the nut tight your brake should hold @ 3-4 clicks

HD17FLHTCUTG033.gif

Marc, it is I found a good practice to adjust @ oil change intervals

This will keep your rear brake pads adjusted also

thanks but not a newbie, just don't have the new SM yet and the old one I sent with the old bike else I would have had that page.

P.S. the rear brakes always suck, I changed mine out on the 2016 even though I don't use them much.....

thanks but not a newbie, just don't have the new SM yet and the old one I sent with the old bike else I would have had that page.

P.S. the rear brakes always suck, I changed mine out on the 2016 even though I don't use them much.....

Your right on that, I never liked HD brakes;)

No clicking while pressing brake. How to fix issue.

On my 16 Tri

Press brake pedal down, slid off foot and let petal snap back. You should know have the clicks. The pedal has to snap back.

so I'm finding this is the actual issue. It's hot here so the bike isn't getting much if any road time, however I've been doing detail on it etc and therefore moving it in the garage... I'm finding I have to slide off so it snaps which I never had to do on my 2016.... I'm thinking that would be bad spring tension?

Your thoughts?

so I'm finding this is the actual issue. It's hot here so the bike isn't getting much if any road time, however I've been doing detail on it etc and therefore moving it in the garage... I'm finding I have to slide off so it snaps which I never had to do on my 2016.... I'm thinking that would be bad spring tension?

Your thoughts?

I had to do that, [Slide off] With my 17 T/G.....But i never thought of it as a problem.:Shrug:.....

Your thoughts?

Mine is a 16 and I have done the slip off since it was new. Never had a problem unless I forget and let the pedal up slow. Then I just engage pedal and let it come up in its own.

Your thoughts?

Like others have stated - t is designed that way . . . to require you to move your foot from it and let it snap up. That resets the pawl so it will engage the next time you press down. If you just let it up gently the pawl is not reset and the parking brake will not engage as you discovered. Really don't see it as a problem. Every late model (17s and 18s) I've personally seen required that procedure. Don't know about your previous 16. Perhaps Harley changed it.

maybe they did, maybe they didn't. guess I can read all the responses too and don't need a summary either. Personally I thought the topic was dead now since no one has had both.

done reading the peanut gallery on this site

Everyone was being respectfully and provided the answer to all you questions. It is probably time for you to move on!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png