Lift kits and suspension

Aug 28, 2018
Gilmanton, NH USA
Hi Everyone, I am new to trikes and this forum. I am unhappy with my 2017 tri glide suspension and am looking for advise. I am looking at the DK lift kit and shocks and wondering if anyone has reviews they’d like to share? My current ride is too rough on bumpy or back roads. I am looking for a smoother ride and at least be able to keep up with cars, who knows maybe even 2 wheeled vehicles. Any thoughts?

Kevco129

:welcome: Kevin! FROM SOUTH
attachment.php
To the Trike Talk Family!

Kevin welcome aboard. there are several feedbacks on the DK lifts and shocks. There has NEVER been a negative. And I would expect at LEAST a dozen positive feedbacks. I have done both to my 2013 and would not ever go back. The difference is that good.

Welcome aboard, Kevin!

I have the DK 14" shocks & lift kit. SO much better than the stock setup. IMHO it is the best mod I have done to my Tri. The DK folks will set them up for your wt and the way you ride. They are GREAT folks to deal with too.

Hi Everyone, I am new to trikes and this forum. I am unhappy with my 2017 tri glide suspension and am looking for advise. I am looking at the DK lift kit and shocks and wondering if anyone has reviews they’d like to share? My current ride is too rough on bumpy or back roads. I am looking for a smoother ride and at least be able to keep up with cars, who knows maybe even 2 wheeled vehicles. Any thoughts?

Kevco129

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your new Tri-Glide! It can take a bit of time, and a few mods, but you can get your TG very Comfortable and able to keep up with cars!

You can see reviews on some of our suspension mods at these couple of links- LINK 1 LINK 2 Scroll down a bit on both of those and click the "Reviews" button.

as well as all throughout this forum. At DK we are all about making the ride smoother, more comfortable.

Kevin

Check rear tire pressure. 22# may work for you.

Lift kits do help.

Pro-Action shocks are a little pricey but better than stock.

I also did Prog Susp FST kit in the forks and that works well.

YES on the DK ProAction 14" shocks with Comfort Lift Kit. Made a world of difference. Like you my wife and I were very unhappy with our TG's ride quality. After learning about the offerings from DK and talking with Kevin we made the purchase the first month of ownership and have been exceedingly pleased with the improvement.

Recently based on reviews and suggestions I replaced the stock Dunlop rear tires with a set of Goodyear Assurance Comfortreds. They have a more flexible sidewall and that added to the ride quality also. With these changes we are very pleased with the rear suspension on our TG.

Good luck

I have the DK Lift kit on my 2011 TG.

It made a significant difference in the ride and handling of the trike.

I haven't changed the shocks out yet, but I intend to.

The folks at DK are the best.

EX CHIEF

Kevco129

HI KEVCO, I'm new to this site but a couple of my friends who have tri-glides put lift kits in and they said the ride now is great !!!

I have had my 2016 a little over a week and already ordered the DK Comfort lift kit; floor board 1" extenders; 1-1/2" tank lift and the air deflector things.

Had this and more on my 2015 freewheeler!

22-24lbs in tires 24lbs in shocks works better for me in stock form on this 2016 Tri

and will be my choice with the DK Comfort Lift Kit!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png