frakenstein trike

Aug 24, 2008
michigan
hello all this is my first time on here. i bought my wife an 07 883L hoping she would ride. well she said she would feel more comfortable with a trike. and that is real ok with me. the trouble is i,m still paying on that and an 06 ultra. so the independant suspention trike is a little out of my reach. i found the frankenstein trike kit with a strait axle and i remember trikes like that back in the 70,s. well my question to you guys and gals is how does this type of suspention handle in the turns. does it feel like your going to tip over. i want my wife to ride it but not be afraid of it. any input would be most helpful.

i have a frankenstein rear end. feels good once you get used to the feel of it. never ridden any other trike so i can't compare it to any other setups.

in my opinion, though, a bike is much easier to ride than a trike.

thanks for the welcome and the link-very informative. it eases my mind quite a bit. but i cant help wanting to hear in detail what its like to go through the corners. i love my ultra and at about 850# i have to pay close attention when coming to a stop. who knows maybe in a few years i,ll get one for myself.

Frankenstein Trikes

Hello all,:)
I have recently installed a Frankenstein Trike kit onto a 2001 883 Sportster for a lady with a physical disability. She didn't want to give up riding, but she didn't want a large touring trike.:(
These trike axles a very well made and the company that makes them takes pride in their work. It is also a good value, as the kit came complete with wheels, tires and fenders and wonderful instructions.
When she saw her trike for the first time on Friday 8-22-08, she loved it and said, "This is very nice and I am happy". :) I like to see the client happy with their new trike, as I know they'll be 'Free on three' and doing what they enjoy.
Thank You,
Trike Lady

Where can you see this trike kit. how is it installed on what bikes will it fit and $$$$$$$$$

Frankenstein Trikes

Hello all,:)
The shop I work with is an authorized dealer/distributor for the Frankenstein Trike. The trike has turned out very well and looks very nice, it is easy to install and not as involved as other trike conversions to install. The unit is very well made and the quality is excellent. Do yourself a favor and order new pipes, as the new ones are shorter and will clear the trike axle.
As for fit and finish these guys know how to build a trike axle and they do a great job. I can certainly see a future for smaller trikes and this kit will make turning Sportsters into really nice trikes for those who don't want a big trike, just something manageable. Go to their website and you'll see it's a great product and made very well.
Thank you,
Trike Lady

Last edited:
i just installed a frankenstein trike over memorial day week end.
you can see my trike here on trike talk. if you get the kit ,get the viking 5 % tripletree from frankenstein,makes it easier to steer. the kit was easy to install but you need an motorcycle atv jack. got mine from sears.

i just installed a frankenstein trike over memorial day week end.
you can see my trike here on trike talk. if you get the kit ,get the viking 5 % tripletree from frankenstein,makes it easier to steer. the kit was easy to install but you need an motorcycle atv jack. got mine from sears.

So, let's have an update, lazor1. How do you like riding the trike? If it is as much fun as it is beautiful....you are having the time of your life :D. That's what we are hoping for you!

check out my gallery for a couple pics. it doesn't focus on the rear axle itself, but the pics give you an idea of the stance that i'll give you.

'05 train -hd - grimm’s Photo Gallery - Trike Talk Forum

Grimm your bike looks so badass :goodjob:
Love the wide tires :wtg:
The only problem I would see where we live is that the tires have no fenders.
But damm .... I not looking for a trike (Lynn is) BUT I would love to see that setup on my 99 Wide Glide :D
Rob .....

yes nana i have been riding my trike. it takes some getting used too. i started riding in the subdivision taking hard turns to get the feel of what it would take to lift a wheel but it hasn't done it yet. went to an auto show about 10 miles from the house and had it to 55 with no problems.you do have to learn going into curves but i am getting the hang of it.i did learn to reduce rear tire air pressure.32 lbs was too hard and bounced around a bit.set it at 25 much better now. i also installed a steering damper. the steering was to sensitive to bumps in the road . the damper took away most of the sort of stuff

I don't think you will get the rear wheel off the ground unless you really do something stupid. I don't think it will tip, HEY a friend of mine tipped over his Barracuda so I guess anything can tip over if you try hard enough. I find myself leaning and don't for get push and pull at the same time. R corner push left bar pull right and just the opposite for the left turn. I also give it quite a bit of gas in the turn , but that is after 40,000 miles of experience.

where can you see this trike kit. How is it installed on what bikes will it fit and $$$$$$$$$

hi john vulcan trike here frankenstein has a sight and have instructions on all kit installs some vid's for hd's there are complet kits rear,wheels,tires,fenders,bracketts.exsaust,triple trees.mounts for modle of bike. I did a sporty for a friends wife,she loves it. On my vulcan i only bought the sport rear since this was the first vulcan done. I used a doner swing arm and their hard tail brackets . You will use your sprocket or pully for you change over with your belt or chain that puts the rear right where the old wheel was. These guys do quallity work

Hello Vulcan Trike, and a big welcome to TrikeTalk. Can't wait to see pictures of your trike -- it sounds unique and wonderful, and that's what we like! The first Vulcan ever triked? That's a special place to be :). Check out our profile pages and you'll see there is a way to open a personal album on yours. Put some pictures in there and they will become part of the random picture display on the forum page. Again, welcome!

Frankenstine is a REAL TRIKE not just a bolt on rear wheels . If this is true and from what I have read it is, than it will handle as any solid axle trike does . Some say the solid axle actually handle better in the curves than the Ind rear does . I have ridden both and I see no difference . I am however not and aggressive rider ( 5 to 10 over the speed limit posted thru a corner is my limit )..

Hello Vulcan Trike, and a big welcome to TrikeTalk. Can't wait to see pictures of your trike -- it sounds unique and wonderful, and that's what we like! The first Vulcan ever triked? That's a special place to be :). Check out our profile pages and you'll see there is a way to open a personal album on yours. Put some pictures in there and they will become part of the random picture display on the forum page. Again, welcome!

Hi Nana just love trike talk. I put in an avatar and started an album hope the pix are liked, more will come after a resize off line. Still learning my way around the sight. I'm enjoying what I find.

Sorry I missed your question . Frankenstien said they had never sold parts to do a Vulcan when I ordered mine. They wished me luck and said to call if I needed help figuering things out. The only call I made was to tell them I loved it and there quality. Hey building your own is almost as much fun as riding it. They have had some quires reacently and ask if they could give out my number. Sure if some one gets to enjoy a new trike. Would love to do a new 900 fuel injected. Sorry but I like Kawasaki's

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png