Rear rotors- brakes 2012 gl1800 hts1800

Jul 18, 2018
Rochester
Ok i was told that the rear rotors can only be purchased through Roadsmith. Seems they buy blank VW and custom drill them. I did find brake pads # DP4105r EBC i figure that is correct.

I am getting some fading when i brake have yet to try to lock them up , not sure i can. I don't feel the fading it in the peddle but you do feel the trike it as you slow down.

Any advise would be great!

trike has just 14k for mileage and I thin the pads have been changed 1 time so far.

Thank you,

Bob

I use the EBC Yellowstuff pads and have very little wear on them. If you check with the Summit Racing site there is a breakin procedure for the EBC pads which will help seat them correctly. I would suggest you check that out before you drive the trike with them so you can get started on the right foot.

Also, RS rear brakes don't lock up the rear wheels easily and that is a good thing. Wet, off camber, loose stuff in the road would cause them to lock up without ABS causing a loss of control. Also, keep using front brakes! My experience with friends is they tend to get lazy about using the front brake and it makes a huge difference in how the trike stops.

Good luck!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png