Oil change and overfilled it a touch maybe???

When we change the oil on our trike we have 2 sets of plastic car ramps (4) total that are the same height. We use three of them and drive the trike up on them all at the same time. Works really slick and you can get at everything and have plenty room for the pan and to work.

Try it and you will like it.

Hmmm, interesting BrokenBack, I run my rears up on ramps, didn't think about the front but not a bad idea, would save manipulating the front, easier oil change for sure...... or getting up under there for whatever. Thanks!

Plastic heavy duty vehicle ramps

We use the 4 ramps when doing servicing on our Duramax, Honda trike, and also our Polaris General. Only use 3 for the Trike LOL.

Drive all 4 up on them and plenty of room to work underneath!

We ordered ours through NAPA when they were on sale and delivered right to our door.

Slick!

Those half ramps have caught my eye, so shall see how that goes. Seems the car ramps are too high for some reason as I read, not exactly sure why yet.

Just as a side note here ... the GL does have a crank case breather. The drain is located under the left valve cover. Just a clear tube with a cap clamped to it, you might check to see if it's got lots of oil in it. If you didn't run it too long after over filling it, probably not.

The crank case drain is probably one of the most "missed" service items on the Gold Wings. On my 08 trike, I got about an oz of watery oily fluid out of it, pretty sure it had never been drained.

Most people, I'm guilty of this too, that have Gold Wing's, gloss over some of the recommended maintenance. The dang bikes just seem to be bullet proof and last forever. We become complacent and get to the point of "I'll just do regular oil changes and I'm good". Lots more that should be done.

The biggies that get "pushed off" ... air cleaner, crank case breather, brake/clutch fluid flush/replace, valve adjustment and steering head bearing inspect grease.

Disclaimer: Us Harley guys (I go both ways :blush:) tend to get complacent too ... but, the Gold Wings don't seem to care as much ... :D

Just as a side note here ... the GL does have a crank case breather. The drain is located under the left valve cover. Just a clear tube with a cap clamped to it, you might check to see if it's got lots of oil in it. If you didn't run it too long after over filling it, probably not.

The crank case drain is probably one of the most "missed" service items on the Gold Wings. On my 08 trike, I got about an oz of watery oily fluid out of it, pretty sure it had never been drained.

Most people, I'm guilty of this too, that have Gold Wing's, gloss over some of the recommended maintenance. The dang bikes just seem to be bullet proof and last forever. We become complacent and get to the point of "I'll just do regular oil changes and I'm good". Lots more that should be done.

The biggies that get "pushed off" ... air cleaner, crank case breather, brake/clutch fluid flush/replace, valve adjustment and steering head bearing inspect grease.

Disclaimer: Us Harley guys (I go both ways :blush:) tend to get complacent too ... but, the Gold Wings don't seem to care as much ... :D

The Harleys have a unique automatic feature which the Wings don't have.....If you should by chance overfill the Harleys crankcase ....It will warn the rider by dripping oil on the riders right calf and boot....:laugh:....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colorado1975

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colorado1975
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png