Anyone found a Hydraulic Foot Clutch/Hand Shift Arrangement for Current Generation HD

Mar 20, 2018
Saint Louis
Anyone found a Hydraulic Foot Clutch/Hand Shift Arrangement for Current Generation HD

I have been looking for a hand shift/Hydraulic clutch set-up for the Freewheeler. I do not have tools in my possession that will let me fab one of my own. I have seen the JayBrake option. It will not work on my Freewheeler (per JayBrake). I appreciate any help/suggestions anyone has.... Thanks in advance.

LaBriola out of Denver makes one but they were moving shop last time I looked and don't appear to have parts still in production.

Thanks. I talked to them, but they said even after they move they will not be making the setup any longer.

Welcome to the Forum and the Site. There are a lot of very knowledgeable folks here. I just jumped onboard in March...it's a great site

Going Forward

While not inexpensive I ordered a Chrome Forward Controls w/Hydraulic Foot Clutch # 055114 from Zodiac. I was able to talk to lonny@heartlandbiker.com.

Through Lonny I made the order. Planning on customizing them to fit. Zodiac is in the Netherlands so shipping was pricey but all in all still less expense than anything else I have found.

The Zodiac / Eurocomponent parts are cool looking. Let us know how the Zodiac part works out. I was looking at them and the ones from Spitfire Cycle.

I am still working on that piece of my project. I bought a parking brake assembly and am reverse engineering it. The OEM hand control cylinder is 11/16" bore (17.5MM). ISR in Sweden make one. It is on my desk next to me as I type... good quality. Here are the specs

Hyd Clutch Foot Cyl.jpg

The guys there are real helpful and can send it to you polished or anodized.

The concept I am working on integrates a new part to the OEM parting brake assembly that adds a mounting plate on wich the cylinder is located. It uses the original shifter arm and the foot pedal for the clutch. (I I have a Baker Engineering extended Shifter Arm on my FW that I will retain). So the idea is to retain a functional parking brake with limited changes to the shifter areas of the Trike. Here is a lousy photoshop of the concept....

Fot Clutch 2.jpg

Foot Clutch 1.jpg

I have an AIM slave cylinder that should reduce clutch pressure to nearly nothing in a foot operation mode. I bought a repo Police Jockey Shifter to give me a model for the forward shifter gate and linkage. I am modeling the parts in CAD and going to 3-D print them before committing to metal. The Hand shifter stick is a modified Hurst shifter stick (just so I can say it is a Hurst Shifter :D)

Ultimately I want to leverage the upper stabilizer hard point on the frame and the upper cylinder motor mount to create something like this for mounting the shifter stick...

Foot Clutch 3 .jpg

Anyway.... that is the concept..... It will be a next year thing though as I have had my Trike down since NOVEMBER!! for a paint job.... Long story... But this will be in the next generation of personal "enhancements" to my Freewheeler....

Thanks Red. I have looked into those and am just not a fan. Not sure why. I would just keep the hand sift on the regular bars rather than move the assembly and switches etc down onto the jockey stick. I do like their mounting scheme for the shifter arm. It would have to have cables run into it to retain reverse switches, etc.

On the topic of switches.... that has also been a major source of delay. I will need to come up with a location for everything on the current switch housing and make it sanitary enough to look as if it was designed that way..... Not an easy task (at least it has not been so far)

But thanks again for adding the option to this thread

Hydraulic Foot Clutch

Freebird,

I ordered a hydraulic foot clutch and brake combo through Lonny who can order a Zodiac PN 055114 that bolted right to my 99 Softail frame. Contact Lonny: lonny@heartlandbiker.com.

I also ordered a hand shifter through Accutronix that is super clean and smooth. It mounts on the upper motor mount/coil bracket.

Sorry I am unable to load the pictures.:(

Freebird, I ordered a hydraulic foot clutch and brake combo through Lonny who can order a Zodiac PN 055114 that bolted right to my 99 Softail frame. Contact Lonny: lonny@heartlandbiker.com. I also ordered a hand shifter through Accutronix that is super clean and smooth. It mounts on the upper motor mount/coil bracket.

Sorry I am unable to load the pictures.:(

Thanks Zaven,

The assembly needs to fit a 2017 Freewheeler. Very different than the 99 Softail. M8's don't have the coil bracket either there is a horn mount (see preceding pic) that could be replaced with something "beefier". But custom work is required.

The Accutronix shifter stick is sweet though. I have seen that installation on several bike. Did you get this one?

Jockey.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png