Prayers For Ed "2Paps" Bruette

Ed,

Good to see you post on Trike Talk my friend!!! 50% weight bearing is awesome progress! Glad to see you are getting better! Love the pic!

Still in our daily prayers,

Doug & Becky

Glad too hear your doing much better Ed, last year i was in Va. during a motorcycle get together, and had a major seizure, had to get helicoptered out of the area myself, cause I also went off road...Doctor's told my wife not to expect a very good "outcome"..........As I lost a lot of oxygen, to my brain, and they expected me to become a total vegetable....They said that I would not ever be able to walk again.. no more motorcycle, no more driving a car, just a veggie....Well, it's now a year and a half later, and I just got back from a 4.5 mile walk, I still ride a motorcycle, and tomorrow, I'm going to Killington Vermont to go snow skiing...I know we have never met, BUT please remember, I've been there, where your at, and I can honestly tell you that if you really want to enjoy life, too keep up your "positive thinking", your on your way back to freedom!

Ronnie

Glad to see you're getting better Ed. Sounded like a really bad wreck that you were extremely fortunate enough to survive!ThumbUp

Keep it up & you'll be riding again, sooner rather than later...:clapping:

You're right Pete, it isn't a trick I recommend others try. Attempting to body meld with 2 trees and dropping 5 floors without an elevator is not for the faint of heart. Imagine the surprise my fellow riders got when they came down the hill and found not only did I survive but I recognized them, squeezed their hands and spoke to them. At least my angels were able to stay with me!

:party:

Glad too hear your doing much better Ed, last year i was in Va. during a motorcycle get together, and had a major seizure, had to get helicoptered out of the area myself, cause I also went off road...Doctor's told my wife not to expect a very good "outcome"..........As I lost a lot of oxygen, to my brain, and they expected me to become a total vegetable....They said that I would not ever be able to walk again.. no more motorcycle, no more driving a car, just a veggie....Well, it's now a year and a half later, and I just got back from a 4.5 mile walk, I still ride a motorcycle, and tomorrow, I'm going to Killington Vermont to go snow skiing...I know we have never met, BUT please remember, I've been there, where your at, and I can honestly tell you that if you really want to enjoy life, too keep up your "positive thinking", your on your way back to freedom!

Ronnie

Thank you!

All I can say Ronnie is, we're both blessed and lucky to be here. :)

Ed

Glad to see you back on TT.

I know it was late that night, but I don't remember downloading that flight into your GPS. I think we need to have a third party review our work next time. As the only persons to witness that flight, please don't do it again, I'm not holding your beer next time:D.

Jan & John

getwell2.jpg

Ed,

Glad to see your post(s). We need to send you some triketalk stickers for your brace!!

When John told me you went airborne, I knew it was because you always wanted to be in the Air Force!! You will however need to work on sticking the landing.

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing you on the road again next year at Maggie Valley.

Update: 11/12/18:

Ed's daughter, Kelly, just recently posted this update on Ed's Go Fund Me page:

Hi All, sorry for the lapse in updates about Dad! In the past few days, I’ve had several friends ask about his progress sooo that being said, I’m very happy to report that Dad is “6 weeks” ahead of what doctors anticipated for his overall recovery!!! If you’re reading this update you know my Dad and as always, Dad is ahead of the curve of typical expectations. Am I bragging?? You bet I am, I’m so proud of my Dad and my Mom!!! Dad’s new leg braces allow his legs to bend and He is now moving about the house in a wheelchair like a champ! Tomorrow he visits the local neurologist for his neck and back. Hopefully no new discoveries will occur and we will have a better idea about when his neck brace and upper torso cast can be discarded. On another note, in addition to his original list of injuries, 2 weeks ago, it was discovered that his right shoulder is dislocated. (I will not express personal thoughts here, no words!) Anyway, again I would like to thank EVERYONE for their thoughts, prayers and donations! I am posting a screen shot to show you how many people have donated and how many people are watching our progress! We are truly blessed!!! ❤️

Good job, Ed.ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png