Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: waxing question here!

1250+ Posts
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by 56Elwood View Post
    Best detailing products EVER!!!

http://www.zainostore.com/mm5/merchant.mvc
    Holy crap, after reading the beginners, (first timer's) use of this product, I have to say that I actually have a "headache", all I want to do is just wax my bike, w/o all the other prep that goes with it..

I usually always give my trike a good complete wax job, everytime, we have an all day rain storm...In my garage I go, my roll away sitting stool, is waiting for me, a can of wax and polishing cloth in my hand, headset on my ears, "get a good buzz on" and wax away, with Led Zeppelin blasting away in my ears............let it rain!

Ronnie

User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Burnerboy View Post
    I love to keep my bike wax'ed up, and nice and clean, after rides...BUT i have a thought... I always wax on, then use a rag to polish off...HOW POSSIBLE IS IT DURING WINTER STORAGE, to just put wax on all the chrome, and keep it waxed up without polishing off during the long storage winter months?? (just trying to keep rust off my chrome) How hard will it be to clean up after, leaving wax on for maybe 4 or 5 months??

Anybody try this method, and how did it work??

Ronnie
    I waxed the chrome wheels (did not wipe off) on a very nice BSA years ago to protect it over the winter. Ruined the wheels. I didn't realize that wax absorbs water if left laying on a surface without polishing. Rusted the chrome all to hell.
    Hog member
    Charter Member Red Knights NY Chapter 31
    Past Chief Breesport Fire Department
    Retired NYSDOCS
    Always Fight The Good Fight

1250+ Posts
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by TarheelLeo View Post
    I waxed the chrome wheels (did not wipe off) on a very nice BSA years ago to protect it over the winter. Ruined the wheels. I didn't realize that wax absorbs water if left laying on a surface without polishing. Rusted the chrome all to hell.
    This is very, very good info to know, thank you! I'm now glad that I did wax and polish, after, leaving no wax residue....... thank you, thank you, thank you!

Ronnie

User ID

Quote Originally Posted by 56Elwood View Post
    Ronnie, just use Zaino on it. That stuff rocks! Definitely wipe it off according to the directions. There is no powdery residue.
    Looks like there's a couple different Zaino's out there, which one are you using and where do you get it?

1250+ Posts
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by 1dn5up View Post
    Be careful with all that wax on wax off thing, after you ware out the clear coat , then itís the paint , then the prime If your that board your welcome here as I have lots of steel on wheels that you can shine up Led Zeplin included ! Iíll even feed ya.
    let me charge up the iphone, and i'm on my way............O'oh!~ life is good! Be there soon! yep pee something too do!

Ronnie

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Zaino sounds like a ceramic sealer ... but I couldn't find anywhere that I saw that says that ... Kevin was talking about these awhile ago ... lot of work ... but looks like the results are awesome.
    2014 Tri Glide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2006 Gold Wing Comfort Navi Abs - Jessica, 2003 Gold Wing - Helga, 2014 HD Ultra Limited - Harley Quinn, 2008 Gold Wing with Champion Conversion - Fat Bottom Girl 2, 2001 Goldwing - Tweety, 2015, HD Triglide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2011 HD Ultra - Raven, 2006 K1200LT - Vianca, 2007 HD Ultra - Ice Blue, 2006 HD Ultra - Arctic Blast, 2004 Honda Goldwing - Snow White, 2001 Goldwing - Crimson Pearl, And Many More

5+ Posts
    User ID

Default Waxing question

I have found the best wax is F-11. Amazing shine

50000+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Roblou15 View Post
    I have found the best wax is F-11. Amazing shine
    Hey......Robert.....Welcome to Trike-Talk.........
    Sometimes a Cigar is Just a Cigar.....
    2018...SLINGSHOT...........

User ID

Chrome may have changed over the years, but in the mists of time past (late 60's early 70's) I was told by an uncle that worked in a chrome shop not to apply auto wax chrome. He said chrome is actually somewhat porous, wax will trap moisture under the coating. Eventually rust will form and the plating will flake.
    Don - 2004 GL1800 Champion trike, 2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited
    2 wheeler: 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    FORR Local 11, AMA, MRF, Mid-South MILE Committee

1250+ Posts
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Ozarkryder View Post
    Chrome may have changed over the years, but in the mists of time past (late 60's early 70's) I was told by an uncle that worked in a chrome shop not to apply auto wax chrome. He said chrome is actually somewhat porous, wax will trap moisture under the coating. Eventually rust will form and the plating will flake.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, interesting "thought" here, So now if wax is not the correct "stuff" to use any more, then what's the best stuff, for us conscious, folks that loves a nice clean shiny, no rust vehicle(s)?????????

Ronnie

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast