Adjusting turn signal cancel time

Dec 30, 2014
Grand Junction, Co. USA
Helga's turn signals cancel like really quickly. I'd like to extend the time a tad. All my other wings the signals lasted like 12-15 seconds. Helga is like 6 seconds.

As far as I know, led bulbs will speed up the turn signals flash rate, but I know of no way to adjust the time that they stay on. I'd like to make them stay on like 6-10 seconds longer. Right now, they only stay on like 6 seconds, so I'd like to double the on time. I would like folks behind me to KNOW I'm turning.

Googled this, but, no joy. Maybe the dealer can do this with a Honda computer or something? Might also be a relay timer of some kind?

Any help would be appreciated.

The "faster" you are going the quicker, it shuts off... I always wondered myself, if there was a way....I just keep hitting the directional switch when the blinkers shut off.. ;);)

I will be watching this post, with open eyes..............Thanks for posting!

Ronnie

The "faster" you are going the quicker, it shuts off... I always wondered myself, if there was a way....I just keep hitting the directional switch when the blinkers shut off.. ;);)

I will be watching this post, with open eyes..............Thanks for posting!

Ronnie

I have heard some people have made the dance time shorter ... so if it can be made shorter, should be able to make it go longer.

On my bike - it blinks 8 Blinks - no matter how fast I’m traveling and at any bank angle...ie, an exit ramp, lane change, or hard turn at a corner.

When I owned a Valkyrie Interstate a few years back, I had bought a Kisan signal minder for it. The Valkyrie did not have self canceling turn signals and this could be added to give you a couple of interval times before it shut off automatically. But before you could use the turn signals again, you had to reset the turn signal button on the handlebar. No biggy, but you had to remember to do it.

You might check there.

Yea I saw that on a google search .. Not an option I'd like to tackle ... it's bad enough all my screw drivers have burn marks on them now from accidentally wielding ... LOL.

I think I will call Honda and ask if it can be done in the ECM or with the Honda computer.

Maybe it could be accessed through the same application that would return all systems to default....such as...when the screen first comes up it can be customized to say “Hello Alan” as opposed to just the default screen that just says “Hello”... :Shrug:

Someone has posed that question out here earlier this year—-how to get the previous owner’s name off of the screen...I believe another member was able to help him.

I ride in Jersey.......We don't use no stinking turn signals....Which ever way i feel like turning is none of your business anyhow.....:pokey:......

Growing up in Jersey. There is more truth to that statement, then anyone wants to admit. Your to busy dodging the pot holes and watching the crazies on the circles to use damn turn signals.

Yep.....They had to outlaw 4 way stop intersections.....Too many 4 car accidents..:D

They maybe illegal but we have them up here.:) I'll go, no wait you go, no he'll go, okay lets all try to go at the same time. I'm more important than you so I go first. Cause a traffic jam for nuthin.

They maybe illegal but we have them up here.:) I'll go, no wait you go, no he'll go, okay lets all try to go at the same time. I'm more important than you so I go first. Cause a traffic jam for nuthin.

Yea, Theres one in Chester and if i'm in my truck i go first, And funny if i'm in my Slingshot everyone lets me go first, I guess they want to get a better look see at it..:Shrug:

I've done the single relay mod to my '06 turn signals a long time ago.

Now, I switch on the turn signal for the turn and just by hitting my brakes normally, it causes the turn signal to stay on until I get off the brakes.

I don't have to keep hitting the turn signal switch to keep em on when approaching a turn etc. In essence, brake switch pulses the turn signal countdown timer to stop the countdown until the brake switch is off....which allows everything to go back to normal.

It's been awhile since I did it, but I remember it wasn't too hard to do.

I've done the single relay mod to my '06 turn signals a long time ago.

Now, I switch on the turn signal for the turn and just by hitting my brakes normally, it causes the turn signal to stay on until I get off the brakes.

I don't have to keep hitting the turn signal switch to keep em on when approaching a turn etc. In essence, brake switch pulses the turn signal countdown timer to stop the countdown until the brake switch is off....which allows everything to go back to normal

It's been awhile since I did it, but I remember it wasn't too hard to do.

I would appreciate it if you could find your instructions. The thing I HATE about the GW is the way the turn signals cancel.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png