Taller Handlebars

Typical Harley rise on bars is 2 inches with out changing brake lines or clutch line

Think wire extension kits instead of solder for peace of mind

Remember the throttle by wire is NOT very user friendly;)

Reactions: MDO
Hi bars

I put 14's on my 2015 fw. Cables and wires had to be extended, not enough factory wire. Had dealer install because of 1/2 price labor costs in February also heated grips installed. Looked at putting 16's but it would put my hands above short windshield and I basically would become a human sail on windy days.

Last edited:
I put 14's on my 2015 fw. Cables and wires had to be extended, not enough factory wire. Had dealer install because of 1/2 price labor costs in February also heated grips installed. Looked at putting 16's but it would put my hands above short windshield and I basically would become a human sail on windy days.

Welcome to Trike-Talk......Joe....:wave4:

Three year triker

Welcome to Trike-Talk......Joe....:wave4:

Was on two wheels for over 50 years, lots of metrics,(politically correct?), Rebuilt harleys when basket cases existed, iron heads and shovels. Ran sky high apes (young and dumb). John Melloncamp said "If you're over 40 and still trying to be cool, you've got some issues"

Last edited:
Sky hi apes

I truly miss the days of guys in the garage fabricating bike parts. We used to say "if you can't wrench it, don't ride it" we only had a few places to get parts...paughco, custom chrome etc. We used wrought iron railing for mustache bars and local garage mechanics bent exhaust pipe for the exhaust and welded on the mounting tabs. Heavy duty Chevy 6 cylinder points and you gapped them with a "match book " cover

Last edited:
I truly miss the days of guys in the garage fabricating bike parts. We used to say "if you can't wrench it, don't ride it" we only had a few places to get parts...paughco, custom chrome etc. We used wrought iron railing for mustache bars and local garage mechanics bent exhaust pipe for the exhaust and welded on the mounting tabs. Heavy duty Chevy 6 cylinder points and you gapped them with a "match book " cover

Don't forget the 6" vice grips in the tool bag for everything from wrenching to a replacement shifter .... jockey or foot :laugh:

Pull back

I'm a retired state trooper (ancient history), our state had had height regs and we had/have several mc clubs. Guys would do the same thing, pulling bars back. When I would stop a set of sky highs they would pull them back to shoulder height. I never cited them because it was too humorous after cutting them loose watching them going down the road with the bars almost behind their backs.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazybiker 46

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazybiker 46
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png