Stallion Info

Re: Stallion Information

I am pretty new at this myself, number is 768. I was told they were going to build only 4 more after mine and then on to the 2011. Congrats to everyone on their Stallions, I love mine. You are all correct, they attract people and they will follow you into a parking lot for questions and pictures. Enjoy.

Welcome newcomer like me. Also joined in aug.2010. A great place for information. My. # is 761, must be made the same day.
Good luck and happy riding.

Re: Stallion Repairs & Trouble Shooting

When I talked to Jeff Vey at Wing Ding(early July), he told me they were working on a solution to the head shake. ie a tapered pin and socket on back end of hood. Have heard nothing more since then, may call next week.
He had also said a new "improved" brake lite switch was to be available in July and would be sent to all buyers. Again, nothing since then.
I have had no problems in last month. However, I parked it in garage, covered it, and bought a Miata to drive for fun.:D

I went toTBMS on the 30th Aug. Nick was not aware of a hood latch but they did get the hood adjusted on my #713 as well as other small items
had a hub barring go out and they took care of it. Y:yes:eek:u must call in advance for an apointment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking at purchasing a new Stallion in the coming months ... I have been following this thread and there has not been anything posted to it since April 2009 ... I don't know if that is a good sign? I was wondering if they are still out there and should my dealer look at these or have they no longer issues?

1. Have all these brake switch issues been fixed?
2. Have the wobbling and vibration issues been fixed?
3. The Cruise Control ... seems it was related to the brake switch, is that still an issue?
4. The hood latch issue, has that been resolved?

Are there any other issues ongoing?

I plan on going to the Davis Rally on the 11th (New Hampton, IA) and I confirmed that TMS will be in attendance, hopefully with a 2011 model. I plan to address these issues with one of the reps. and was wondering if any of you had other issues that you would like to be addressed. I will give a report upon my return. My pm address is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Daydream

Last edited:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking at purchasing a new Stallion in the coming months ... I have been following this thread and there has not been anything posted to it since April 2009 ... I don't know if that is a good sign? I was wondering if they are still out there and should my dealer look at these or have they no longer issues?

1. Have all these brake switch issues been fixed?
2. Have the wobbling and vibration issues been fixed?
3. The Cruise Control ... seems it was related to the brake switch, is that still an issue?
4. The hood latch issue, has that been resolved?

Are there any other issues ongoing?

I plan on going to the Davis Rally on the 11th (New Hampton, IA) and I confirmed that TMS will be in attendance, hopefully with a 2011 model. I plan to address these issues with one of the reps. and was wondering if any of you had other issues that you would like to be addressed. I will give a report upon my return. My pm address is pam1@knology.net if you would like make your request personal.

Daydream

Hi pmar. The brake issue has been resolved. The latch issue I'm not aware of, cruise control was mostly brake switch related, and I'm not aware of the vibration issue. unless you are referring to the bearing issue they had on the front wheel, which seems as it was a patch of bad bearings. The thing to remember is that TBMS stands behing the Stallion 100%. You have aproblem they will get it fixed and it will be covered. The more they have produced the less issues have cropped up. My wife LOVES hers and has had it for 2.5 years and almost 30k miles. GO FOR IT.

Yes TBMS stands behind their product 100% Jeff and Nick are wonderful people and if you will call in advance they will get to it and you will be on your way.
They would prefer that you go through your dealer first.
Our local ford dealer refused to work on it and after a regional meeting they called and informed me that they would honor the warranty on the motor and transmission.
I currently have mine up for sale do to medical problems; however I think it is a wonderful product
And I would recommend one to everyone I se

I'm going to try to attach some pictures. I hope this works.

Marshall

Marshall: Congrats on your new Stallion. You will love it. It is an attention getter.. Welcome to Trike Talk.. We love our black cherry # 531.. Charlie D & the IMP.

Ditto to all of the above. You are going to LOVE it. Make sure you plan enough time at each stop for people to ask you questions about it. 5 minutes to pump your gas and 10 to talk about it!

FYI... OTC include the Rear Diiff. Dash & Steering Wheel are from a 2003 Ranger and if anyone can tell us what the mirrors come from, it would be greatly appreciated.
The rear axle was surprisingly reasonable from Troup, the windshield, not so much...

FYI... OTC include the Rear Diiff. Dash & Steering Wheel are from a 2003 Ranger and if anyone can tell us what the mirrors come from, it would be greatly appreciated.
The rear axle was surprisingly reasonable from Troup, the windshield, not so much...

Yea "V" that windshield is made just for the Stallion so I'm sure it is expensive. Is there anything us "US" people can do to help you in your efforts to get the Stallion licensed up there?

Hi everyone. I have been looking at all that everyone has done to their Stallion’s, and thought it is about time to share mine, I purchased it from Jim and Kathy (fine people to do business with) at Southwest Trikes in June of 2008 after waiting over a year after putting a down payment. Several times I almost canceled my order to buy a Gold wing trike, but I am glad I did not. I thoroughly enjoy my ride. I have had my share of problems, leaky shocks, bad brake switch, leaky purporting valve. Broken hime joint and bad front fork bearing, but each time Jim at SW Trikes and Chris Vey at TM went out of their way to take care of the problem. Several times I was on the road and depended on their quick response I cant say enough about their actions.

Some of the things I have done is to connect hoses to the front and rear heating/Ac vents so the heat/ cooling can be directed under a jacket, alarm system, foot rests on each side so I can stretch my legs and still be close to the brake and gas pedals for quick response, CB, gps mount, clock/ thermometer, storage for gloves etc. side curtains, audio alarm for headlights and turn signals, trunk, Baker air wings. graphic’s and pin striping.

It has been entered in several auto/ bike shows and won a trophy in all but one. I have traveled through 7 states and Canada and hope to visit the rest next summer. I am 70 years old and if I don’t get busy I will run out of time and ability so wish me luck.

In closing, I want to say “enjoy each day as it your last. Look for the good in each day, and learn from the bad’. Happy riding.

Attachments

• side curtain.JPG
    side curtain.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 183

got mine in May of 09', so far only have 37,000+ miles on it, in the 1st year and half.
only been to Alaska, Atlantic, the Pacific, and to the Mexican border, no way am I going across it.
many things went wrong but all fixed with no problem, just call ahead of time before you show up.
re-wired the headlight switch so it only works when key is on, that way I can not leave lights on when the key is off. wired up 4 cig lighter plugs, one next to the dash for stuff mounted on the dash(radar detector, GPS), one on either side of the heat/AC vent for elect gloves and elect vest. and the last one in the trunk which is the only one that does not need the key on to work. wired up an alarm system that will go off if you get too close to the trike. hooked an LED to the brake lights in the back so I can see when the brake lights are on, this is mounted next to the 4 way flasher switch. wired up a 300 amp switch to the battery mounted in the trunk so I can disconnect the battery quick if needed. hooked up battery connections in the trunk so I can jump the battery quick if needed. did a bunch of other little things such as rug on the dash so no reflection off the dash and the radar detector and the GPS will Velcro very easy to the dash.
oh yes, added air horn also.

I believe we have the mirror manuf. on this site. It would be some of the first posts. This is a great reason to have a Wiki page that has all the facts and specs on the Stallion.

I believe we have the mirror manuf. on this site. It would be some of the first posts. This is a great reason to have a Wiki page that has all the facts and specs on the Stallion.

I would like to say IF and I hope if is wrong, The Stallion is not produced that TBMS releases all the build info on the Stallion parts etc so that we can continue to keep our machines going.

Only issue i have now is that my brake makes a grinding noise only when i back up....front brake makes a dragging brake whistle at times too while driving....will the ceramic brakes work for the stallion? Only have about 3500 miles on it so far....still love it though.....

ODDOMAN (DAVE)
EFFINGHAM, SC # 667

Only issue i have now is that my brake makes a grinding noise only when i back up....front brake makes a dragging brake whistle at times too while driving....will the ceramic brakes work for the stallion? Only have about 3500 miles on it so far....still love it though.....

ODDOMAN (DAVE)
EFFINGHAM, SC # 667

The pads are dragging when you back up. It's not a problem more than just noisy.

I having trouble with the brake lite switch again. 3rd one. I plan on changing to a pressure switch and end the problem once and for all. A little wiring and brake line work and it will be done.

mirrors are from BMW

Oilslick,
Where do you come by this information? I sat down with the Owner when they first came out and he rattled off where some of the parts came from, and I believe he said it was off an acura or something, but not a BMW. I believe we covered this way back at the begining of this website within the first few months. That was a topic we covered on the first Stallion Forum. For those of you who remember that Forum it was shut down and when it was re-opened they removed all the info and because everyone felt selective information was removed to control the direction of the Forum we refused to post anymore and the site died.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png