Take-off Farkles

Nov 25, 2010
La Grange, KY
When I bought my 2006 GL1800 the previous owner had spent several thousand dollars in add-on farkles such as Kuriakin lighted strips around the trunk and sidebags. Now that I'm having my bike triked with a Roadsmith conversion and the sidebags are coming off - has anyone successfully removed such lighting strips from the sidebags and attached them to the new bodywork?

Roadsmith will sell you a part made of plastic with the correct configuration to mount those light strips, but $500 is a bit steep to mount $100 worth of lights.

In the alternative, has anyone with a Roadsmith (or any other) added lights to the rear end, and if so, what?

TIA

They look good, and not all that hard to wire in. This one had Big Bike lights put on. Thought I had a shot with them on but guess not..:Shrug: If you are easy with the led strip I think it will come off, but might have to use silicone to keep them on the new piece.

Hey I am a new member here and I have a Motor Trike kit on my Goldwing 1800,,2004 and i just order a new air compressor and kit,,, digital read out gauges,,,they didn't send anything showing how to mount it ,,,,do you have any information on where or how it mounts????? Thanks Toby

Hey I am a new member here and I have a Motor Trike kit on my Goldwing 1800,,2004 and i just order a new air compressor and kit,,, digital read out gauges,,,they didn't send anything showing how to mount it ,,,,do you have any information on where or how it mounts????? Thanks Toby

Sorry can't help but I wanted to say welcome aboard.

Sorry Toby no help with your ouestion ,but wanted to say WELCOME to THE trike forum.Great folks and info.RIIDE SAFE

Hi Konrad, although I cannot answer your specific question, I can tell you that I added the "pick up truck light set" that mounts under the tail gate which displays your stop and directional lights. I mounted them across the bottom of my fiberglass body facing back. They cost $49 and can be bought from JC Whitney. I believe you can never have enough lights on your Trike. The lights are LED so power consumption is not an issue. They look great and were relatively easy to install. Enjoy the Trike...

Hi Konrad, although I cannot answer your specific question, I can tell you that I added the "pick up truck light set" that mounts under the tail gate which displays your stop and directional lights. I mounted them across the bottom of my fiberglass body facing back. They cost $49 and can be bought from JC Whitney. I believe you can never have enough lights on your Trike. The lights are LED so power consumption is not an issue. They look great and were relatively easy to install. Enjoy the Trike...

You may have hit on exactly what I'm going to need! Do you happen to have a part number and/or brand. I looked through the online catalog but couldn't find it.

Thanks.

When I bought my 2006 GL1800 the previous owner had spent several thousand dollars in add-on farkles such as Kuriakin lighted strips around the trunk and sidebags. Now that I'm having my bike triked with a Roadsmith conversion and the sidebags are coming off - has anyone successfully removed such lighting strips from the sidebags and attached them to the new bodywork?

Roadsmith will sell you a part made of plastic with the correct configuration to mount those light strips, but $500 is a bit steep to mount $100 worth of lights.

In the alternative, has anyone with a Roadsmith (or any other) added lights to the rear end, and if so, what?

TIA

YUP pulled mine, sold them fast on ebay, also sold all the other take offs like ride off center stand et al,,,ebay is a great way to sell that stuff,,,welcome and MERRY XMASS :pepper:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png