Need a comfortable seat!

Just took my first long ride from Cleveland to Nashville on my Triglide. I have a stock seat and need a comfortable seat. Any suggestions?

Comfort is a relative term. Go to your dealer or a dealership that has seats you can try for a few hours. I got a Sundowner seat for my Freewheeler & really like it.

I have never been unhappy with a Mustang seat. Saddlemen makes a nice seat also.

I am a big fan of Mustang seats and have had one on several bikes / trikes. I had one on a 2000 Road King and transferred it to a 2005 CVO Electraglide Classic when I traded so it had well over 100,000 miles on it when I traded the 2005. Still looked and road like new. Had an Ultimate seat on my 2012 Victory Cross Country Tour and it was a good seat also but still would go with Mustang.

Sunman

Just took my first long ride from Cleveland to Nashville on my Triglide. I have a stock seat and need a comfortable seat. Any suggestions?

There is a place in Columbus Ohio called Bikes 2NV, the guy that owns the place is named Al and the guy that works for him name is Adam. They can put a gel cell in your seat, which I have been told is very comfortable. That may be a good place to start. Last I heard, which was a couple of years ago, the seat went for about $350.00 or thereabouts (for the drivers seat). Their phone number is (614) 751-8888. They are great guys. They also do chroming and chromed my stock Tri-Glide wheels as well as some stuff for a couple of BSA's and a 3 cylinder Kaw I have and did a super job. Hope this helps.

Go to Walmart or any seat maker, and just purchase a seat cushion, and place on top of your stock seat............. I can ride for hours long'rrrr, cause i paid eight dollars for a seat pad, no more sore Butt...........

Ronnie

I tried having the stock seat modified at Ohio Bike week and it is better but still not good. Used Demo seat program and tried the Harley Hammock , better still not good. So now my seat is at Russell Daylong , hope that's the ticket. Will post follow up when I receive seat back.

I used to modify all my seats...don't spend the time or $$$ on that anymore.

Instead I use an air hawk seat cushion. Super comfortable on top of the stock seat.

Kevin

+1 on the air Hawk ... got to try one on our ride in Texas. Drove Paws' trike on the ride and she had an extra air hawk. Really comfortable. I've been told, that the secret is to not over fill the air hawk with air ... just a tad is the ticket ... Thanks Paws.

If I didn't have the adjustable air seat, I'd have an Air Hawk pad. I like the seat because I can adjust it to look over the windshield or lower it below the windshield in the rain.

And that's right about not filling it up all the way. You want some squishiness to be able to move around.

I've been riding a Harley Hammock seat for years and love it. They now have a heated version. Most dealerships have "demo" seats that you can take out and ride....take 'em up on that.

8~\o

I've had the Harley heated Hammock seat on my last three CVO two wheelers and it is a good seat and a good choice. But when I like you was looking for a better than stock seat for my Tri-Glide I decided on a Mustang heated seat. Imo (and my co-rider's) it is much better even than the Hammock. The Mustang is a quality seat and all day comfortable.

Like most anything this is a very subjective decision. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png