Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: So we went down to Fayetteville for Blues Bikes and BBQ

450+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Default So we went down to Fayetteville for Blues Bikes and BBQ

Had a nice talk with the reps from Indian at their display.

I did ask why they didn't make a trike like the tri glide.

The spokesman said they did make a trike.

IE the slingslot, and Im sure my answer that is a three wheel car

is something he had heard before.

He said it wouldn't make sense to make a trike like the tri glide

that would compete with the slingshot.

There was some more small talk.

At this point in the conversation, I gave up.

First, future purchasers who are looking at a traditional style trike are not going to look at a slingshot.

Second, I have yet to meet any tri glide owners who own a slingshot.

Third, It would be a lot easier to get a bank loan on a used trike if it is listed factory vehicle in that little book they use

to determine value.

Fourth, if they don't want to make it, make a deal with a trike company to do the conversions and call them a factory Indian conversion

So, Im still looking for that retirement present in January when I retire......
    The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

User ID

I've been talking to two different Indian Dealers one in Florida and the other in Illinois. Both have a deal with trike converters who will handle the whole process. You give them all the specs. and they (Indian Dealer) handle the whole process.
    [B][B][SIZE=3]I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. [/SIZE][/B][/B]

[B]John Bernard Books[/B]

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wayne p View Post
    I've been talking to two different Indian Dealers one in Florida and the other in Illinois. Both have a deal with trike converters who will handle the whole process. You give them all the specs. and they (Indian Dealer) handle the whole process.
    It is still a conversion with all the bank issues - assigning values for loans, warrantee issues - who works on what and insurance issues - not all companies cover conversions. A true factory trike does avoid all of those.
    2014 Tri Glide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2006 Gold Wing Comfort Navi Abs - Jessica, 2003 Gold Wing - Helga, 2014 HD Ultra Limited - Harley Quinn, 2008 Gold Wing with Champion Conversion - Fat Bottom Girl 2, 2001 Goldwing - Tweety, 2015, HD Triglide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2011 HD Ultra - Raven, 2006 K1200LT - Vianca, 2007 HD Ultra - Ice Blue, 2006 HD Ultra - Arctic Blast, 2004 Honda Goldwing - Snow White, 2001 Goldwing - Crimson Pearl, And Many More

User ID

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe View Post
    It is still a conversion with all the bank issues - assigning values for loans, warrantee issues - who works on what and insurance issues - not all companies cover conversions. A true factory trike does avoid all of those.
    Then your only option is a Harley Triglide modern version of it's old 50s servi-car.
    [B][B][SIZE=3]I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. [/SIZE][/B][/B]

[B]John Bernard Books[/B]

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wayne p View Post
    Then your only option is a Harley Triglide modern version of it's old 50s servi-car.
    Or the Free wheeler
    2014 Tri Glide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2006 Gold Wing Comfort Navi Abs - Jessica, 2003 Gold Wing - Helga, 2014 HD Ultra Limited - Harley Quinn, 2008 Gold Wing with Champion Conversion - Fat Bottom Girl 2, 2001 Goldwing - Tweety, 2015, HD Triglide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2011 HD Ultra - Raven, 2006 K1200LT - Vianca, 2007 HD Ultra - Ice Blue, 2006 HD Ultra - Arctic Blast, 2004 Honda Goldwing - Snow White, 2001 Goldwing - Crimson Pearl, And Many More