Trunk Guard

Oct 22, 2018
Spring City, TN
I’m not allowed to call it a bumper so I’ll use the sales term the MoCo uses for their trike models. I’m in search of a “Trunk Guard” for my soon to be converted 2014 HD Ultra Limited. I have chosen the Trinity LLC for my conversion and want my rear end protected. Lehman use to offer a fibreglass light bar but even it didn’t really offer protection just additional lighting. I’m a big believer in more lights are better but I’m still wanting some form of light weight metal protection. Your thoughts or suggestions?

Watching …. been thinking a lot about building my own using 1.25" tube. Almost know the how to part, but now deciding finish. Paint or ???

I have a 1.25"square receiver that is tied in to frame well, may build a bumper that extends off to each side and incorporate a brace that would attach to frame out of sight each side outboard of exh tips, but not sure yet. To look "rightest", if more than a foot or so from center, would need bends to match contour of F-glass light bar. Might just go to a muffler shop/pipe bender guy and have him bend me one out of something about 1.5" OD …. weld up incorporating a 1-1/4" draw bar with ball, add my brackets, powder coat or just paint.

Any hard hit there is either going over it … or will roll it up into trunk lid … meaning it's primary purpose is trim or to keep me from backing too far in some places near a wall or post

I’m not allowed to call it a bumper so I’ll use the sales term the MoCo uses for their trike models. I’m in search of a “Trunk Guard” for my soon to be converted 2014 HD Ultra Limited. I have chosen the Trinity LLC for my conversion and want my rear end protected. Lehman use to offer a fibreglass light bar but even it didn’t really offer protection just additional lighting. I’m a big believer in more lights are better but I’m still wanting some form of light weight metal protection. Your thoughts or suggestions?

Why don't you talk over your ideas with the people converting your bike. They will have total access to the placement of a 'trunk guard' and know best where it can be attached. My suggestion is that you get a trailer hitch (from Champion/Lehman) so that any guard that you decide upon would be designed with a hitch in mind for the future.

Thank YOU

I talked with Madness Cycles yesterday and the Trinity body is supposedly the exact same body as the Tri-Glide. If that is so then one would think you could possibly modify one of the HD rear end guards to fit the Lehman frame. We will have to see.
I’ve already requested the trailer hitch kit be installed at time of conversion.

I talked with Madness Cycles yesterday and the Trinity body is supposedly the exact same body as the Tri-Glide. If that is so then one would think you could possibly modify one of the HD rear end guards to fit the Lehman frame. We will have to see.

The body closely resembles the Triglide but I believe it is at least 2 inches wider.

I could be wrong though and with all of the Triglides on the road, it should be easily verified.

Measure your trunk door width and then have a member measure their Triglide door width.

The Trinity trike is 57" wide at the fenders, the Triglide is 55" at the fenders.

If the bodies are the same width (without measuring the fenders) then you could easily modify a Triglide guard by attaching brackets on the support that the hitch attaches to (on the outside of the support).

Thanks for your input

I got a call Friday that my trike could be ready to pickup as soon as the second week of November. I will start measuring and fitting as soon as I get it back home to Arizona.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png