Brake lining what is the best going today?

Fearless

Gone But Not Forgotten
Dec 10, 2013
Clarion PA USA
well the time has come to install new brake pads front and back, what brand out there today is the best to use I have not even looked at the adds yet or pricing is not a real concern. I want good brakes with as little brake dust as possible... :gah: help Fred

Jack

I didn't see any brakes for my 2016 TG. Do you have a number for the Lyndall brakes.

Thanks

Pat

Pat, it looks like Lyndall does not carry or make pads for HD Trikes any more, Why I dunno, seems to me the front brakes should be the same as FLHTCU but I am not sure

EBC is a good second choice, I have used them for a number of years now, they outlasted HD pads on a HD Streetbob i rode real hard;)

Reactions: MDO
Pat, it looks like Lyndall does not carry or make pads for HD Trikes any more, Why I dunno, seems to me the front brakes should be the same as FLHTCU but I am not sure

EBC is a good second choice, I have used them for a number of years now, they outlasted HD pads on a HD Streetbob i rode real hard;)

Thanks for the update. I will look inot the EBC pads.

Thanks for the update. I will look inot the EBC pads.

I just e-mailed EBC for their pad material recommendations for our trikes. I will post the info when they answer.

Page 10(front) & 11(rear) of their catalog #401 list pads for the 14-18 Tri-Glide & 15-18 Freewheeler, same p/n for both models.

I asked for a combination of long life & low brake dust. I am thinking their "HH" sintered pads would do that. They are rated for heavy American cruisers.

I just e-mailed EBC for their pad material recommendations for our trikes. I will post the info when they answer.

Page 10(front) & 11(rear) of their catalog #401 list pads for the 14-18 Tri-Glide & 15-18 Freewheeler, same p/n for both models.

I asked for a combination of long life & low brake dust. I am thinking their "HH" sintered pads would do that. They are rated for heavy American cruisers.

HH are very good pads, I think a bit better than HD

They worked good on my Streetbob

Reactions: MDO
Fred, Lyndall Racing are very good brakes low dust

https://lyndallbrakes.com/

Ebc has come a long ways also

https://ebcbrakes.com/motorcycle-products/

Unless something has changed, as of last year Lyndall was not making pads for Tri Glides. I put EBC on when the 5k service was done (don't like HD pads) 27,000 on them now & when in for 30k service, dealer said they look great.

From EBC

Freewheeler 15-16

Rear Organic FA641/4 Semi Sintered FA641/4V Sintered FA641/4HH

Front " " FA638 " " " " FA638V " " FA638HH

Tri Glide 14-16

Rear Organic FA641/4 Semi Sintered FA641/4V Sintered FA641/4HH

Front " " FA638 " " " " FA638V " " FA638HH

Here's a thought. I just got off the phone with a nice gal at Lyndall. They still have no plans to make pads for the Trike's. However she continues to ask owners for them. Maybe more phone calls from us would help to get them going again. I told her there are more of us every year, that used their pads on our 2 wheeler that now are on 3 & we need those great Gold pads, on our Trikes. More calls 800-400-9490. Maybe it will help their decision process. :Shrug::Shrug:

Here's a thought. I just got off the phone with a nice gal at Lyndall. They still have no plans to make pads for the Trike's. However she continues to ask owners for them. Maybe more phone calls from us would help to get them going again. I told her there are more of us every year, that used their pads on our 2 wheeler that now are on 3 & we need those great Gold pads, on our Trikes. More calls 800-400-9490. Maybe it will help their decision process. :Shrug::Shrug:
lady said I was the second person calling about gold pads for a triglide today. We may get them to move off center yet.:wave4: Travel safe Fred

The first time I had to replace the pad on my '14 TG, I used Lyndall Gold pads (ordered them right from Lyndall) and loved them. When it was time for the second replacement (yes, I ride a lot) I could not locate the Lyndall pads; a call to Lyndall found that they had discontinued making the pads for the TG. At that point I switched to the EBC HH pads. Both are superior to the HD pads.

The first time I had to replace the pad on my '14 TG, I used Lyndall Gold pads (ordered them right from Lyndall) and loved them. When it was time for the second replacement (yes, I ride a lot) I could not locate the Lyndall pads; a call to Lyndall found that they had discontinued making the pads for the TG. At that point I switched to the EBC HH pads. Both are superior to the HD pads.
Like Bill (Posserider) said give them a call I did and let the Lady understand they are missing a great opportunity to expand the line again. Remember those who used the Gold pads on two wheelers are now three. I would love to use them. :good: travel safe Fred

Like Bill (Posserider) said give them a call I did and let the Lady understand they are missing a great opportunity to expand the line again. Remember those who used the Gold pads on two wheelers are now three. I would love to use them. :good: travel safe Fred

I have to say,EBC are much better than HD pads. Lyndall has them all beat. Also I think they were better in the rain . Company's only react with some nagging. Call Lyndall. Grampa always told me "the squeaky wheel ,gets the grease" .

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png